Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. We'll keep you updated on that thread.

Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

Casual Listener
I'm not sure it's been said or not (I've been getting emails on this thread for months). But the best solution I've seen is the Chromecast Audio devices. They are $35 (less when on sale). With Chromecast you can stream to an individual device or use the app to make "groups" for streaming. So I have an Upstairs group, Downstairs group, All Speakers group, etc. It's worked pretty well and did what I was trying to do.

Before that I keep old phones connected to the speakers and would switch them with Spotify Connect based on which room I was in, but it would only work one device at a time.

I had some limited success with Airfoil and using Airport Express devices.

Chromecast Audio with the app (now Google Home app) has been the best solution I've seen. It works with Android and iOS, it's built-in to Spotify, it's the cheapest solution (way cheaper than Sonos or something).
Screenshot_20170116-035102.png
Screenshot_20170116-035116.png
Screenshot_20170116-035318.png
Highlighted

Roadie
I have not tried Chromecast because google has a major spying problem,
so I used gramophone which is probably still spying, I found backdoors
into the gramophons requiring a password which I did not know and tech
support acted like I was talking chinees and had no clue. I dont know
why the back door, lets hope its not for constant computer recorded
observation of all sounds in a location..
gramophones are buggy too. Maybe Chromecast is not.
Highlighted

Music Fan

Would be nice if you could use spotify connect to play back the same song on multiple devices simultaneouslym, synced to eachother.   It would be like a budget Sonos multi-room system you can string together using spare devces!

Highlighted

So I cannot stream the same playlist to 2 Dots in the same house?

Casual Listener

So, I have 3 Amazon dots in the house, I can't stream the same playlist to play at the same time? But I have premiummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Bummer

Highlighted
Solution!

Re: So I cannot stream the same playlist to 2 Dots in the same house?

Roadie
If you have premium family account or whatever its called, then yes you
can stream the same stream to all dots. You need some kind of app from
amazon that will allow you to group them

View solution in original post

Highlighted

So what you're saying is if I switch my Spotify app on my iPod to Offline Mode, I can still listen to Spotify on other devices?
Highlighted

Roadie

Nice! I agree from what you say chromecast is the best option.. I just personally dont like the massive spying and googles motives to control the entire internet and us and to sell information about us. Google has a financial incentive to record information about us and they use it. They are actively engaging in trying to influence politics by supressing information that goes against what they want and boosting information availability that supports what they want whether its the truth or not.

But maybe I will have no choice but to switch to chromecast because gramofon sucks with drop outs and buggy apps. but when it works the sound quality is very good, but you never know when you turn up the volume if its going to start farting and cutting out in the middle of a party.. I had to reboot my dedicated router in the middle of my Christmas party, they I had to reboot each gramafon, took 20-40 mins screwed up the whole thing

Highlighted

Roadie

Nay! You can NOT listen to spotify on any other device if you are "OFF LINE" because you are "offline" so how can you access anything other than your own phone to play your downloaded playlist. When u go offline, all external wireless audio choices disappear from your sound options list.

Highlighted

Roadie

Air foil tries to do this but fails because nothing is in sync.

Highlighted

Regular
When I set my iphone to off-line i can play it over my bose sound touch or
other wi-fi devices but only one at a time.I am able to log in on my PC and
it seems to allow me to stay online on the PC but I can't play the same
songs at the same time (synchronized). Still can't find a way to broadcast
the single source of music to multiple devices at one time. I haven't
looked into Chromcast yet but maybe it will allow daisy chained sources at
the same time.
SUGGESTED POSTS