Announcements

Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

Rhapsody has up to three simultaneous devices for $15. Although I left Rhapsody to give spotify a try, I think I will be going back. I loved the features of Spotify's app, but my wife wants nothing to do to with a service that breaks her from her music. So disappointed.
Highlighted

Another approach-at least on the Samsung S3 - is to switch to airplane mode.  Very easy to do and allows playback from multiple devices.

Highlighted

I find it unbelievable that if two people share an address as well as all other devices other than the iPhone that they are required to pay for two subscriptions in order to search for music on a phone. If a family buys a Spotify subscription should they be required to pay an extra subscription for each child? It seems so asinine.

Highlighted

Community Legend
@dkblauss - It just speaks to the madness of the music industry!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

However if Spotify has the option to play the same song online on multiple devices which synced to each other, the sound would be exaggerated and it would be great when users don't have a speaker on hand.

Highlighted

Community Legend
This is possible with some Spotify Connect enabled products @NgaTran . Like these:
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/06/16/new-samsung-wireless-audio-multi-room-speakers-the-first-multi...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I understand that a Spotify subscription is for "personal" use, but how so?  You say it is only liscensed for "personal" use?  I am certain with enough company money that can be changed.  I am also a Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime subscriber.  Now if Spotify is $9.99 a month and offers a single stream to whatever device you are hooked up to, and Netflix is a mere $7.99 a month and you can stream on two devices simultaneously (which is audio and video meaning more costly servers) and a mere $11.99 to stream on 4 devices simultaneously with "ULTRA HD" then I don't quite understand the difference.  Both services offer a personal experience.  And when I am listening to music, I am usually doing so with friends so it isn't always "personal".  In fact I use your service more often when I am with others.  I understand music is different from television shows and films but lets call this for what it is.  You just want OUR money.  

P.S.  It's quite nice of you to offer college kids like myself a discount, since I will be in debt for the rest of my life paying people like you...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

"offline" mode might be one solution and I can buy the explaination, that we cannot share a single Premium subscription. I would say that "Personal" usage - includes multiple sources, such as Sonos playing with Spotify in one room, our kid listening on a mobile device and me working on a desktop / laptop in another room - without interruptions. This is still our household and I'd say that it's pretty darn personal.

Now I have the scenario, where we have Sonos all around the house and when my girlfriend uses SONOS and I'm working in the office - then we have the same problem. Basically we're thinking about switching to RDIO, WIMP or Deezer, which allows for multiple devices to play simultaneously.

I'm hoping that somebody comes up with a solution for this, as "offline mode" for our random devices - isn't a good solutution. It's waste precious storage and time.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'll probably be back to Google Music if I cannot share my account with my family... we are three making use of this, which means 30$ per month. That is clearly not competitive.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Do you realize how little artists get paid for having their music on these streaming services? To complain about paying $20/month as a couple for an almost infinite library of music is insane. #firstworldproblems 

SUGGESTED POSTS