Announcements

Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

Regular
That would be sa-weet! But even if you spend all that money on those stupid gramafons, you still wont be able to listen to everything at the same time without the gramafons cutting out and eventually taking down the entire wifi network for almost an hour unless you reboot the router, but wait it gets better.. After you reboot the router you probably wont be able to access the gramafons, so u will have to go around the house and reboot one gramafon at a time, and after about 10 mins u probably will need to reboot one of the gramafons again to have access to all of them and by that time you are pissed! All I wanted to do was listen to music around the house and I just wasted at least 15 - 20 mins getting everything back on line and grouped together..
Remember, just because you see these gramafons on the network, doesnt guarantee u will be able to access them without rebooting them a couple of times, and if you have a play list with no internet, or the internet is down, the gramafons wont work!

Highlighted

Playback on multiple devices at the same time?

OK. So my question is somewhat different. I want to be able to use my devices at the same time. Meaning, I could be listening to spotify on my desktop in my office, laptop in the kitchen, and my cell phone on the back porch. All playing the same song at the same time. Can this happen? 

Highlighted

Regular

Sadly Airfoil/Airfoil Speakers is a disaster for non-apple-slaves. Can anyone recommend software that perfoms like Airfoil, that is compatible with Windows/Android set up?

Highlighted

Roadie

Even with apple slaves it still sucks because nothing stays in sync.. The delay is deterimed by the hardwared, software, and what programs are running the background on each computer, therefore any such program like airfoil is a waste of time for playing multiple devices in sync. Even if there was a delay feature for each reciever to compensate, background programs sucking on memory will slowly alter the original set delay bringing the recievers out of sync

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This whole thing is so frustrating!!!

I recently bought a Denon AVR-X2200W which I was told came with spotify(It's got spotify plastered all over it as hasthe box) & I could also use pandora or any other streaming app with it. After trying to work it all out, downloading the spotify app etc I was FORCED to pay for a premium subscription to use it. Now before I go on I will add that I also have a BOSE soundtouch30 connected to the same wifi that works flawlessly without fault on pandora. After I paid for a PREMIUM subscription I find out that I can only broadcast to one device at a time. (I use the Denon inside & the Bose outside in the entertaining area). I cannot believe in this day & age such limitations are placed on this technology. This is a total utter waste of time & money. this program/application is a useless piece of junk!!!

Highlighted

Regular
I have a bose soundtouch 30 as well. And a pioneer receiver - wifi. I use my phone to stream a station using the pioneer app and access the same station us no spotify on my bose. This way I have the same stream going to two different systems.

It's a solution but limited-only stream radio stations. I agree it is not as good as it could be and I won't keep the premium spotify account because of this limitation. Frustrating indeed.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
If you buy a family premium pack which is $15, then you can have up to 5
accounts.

#- Please type your reply above this line -##
Highlighted

Regular
With premium family can you stream from one device (iPad) to two receivers (bose soundtouch 30 AND a pioneer)?
Highlighted

Music Fan

hey folks,

i've been doing a lot of research on this, and figured i would respond. it seems to me that spotify has some sort of agreement with sonos that keeps them (spotify) from integrating an airplay-like capability. this is essentially what we're all fired up about. for all the questions, this means that in spotify, while you can see all of your available devices, you can only listen on one at a time. no airplay-like capability. this is very frustrating, as we all can see.

i have had good luck with the airfoil product. there were some synchronization issues across devices, and i have done a bunch of troubleshooting with the very supportive tech support folks at airfoil (rogue amoeba).

my setup at home uses airfoil to achieve the airplay-like capability with spotify. when my audio goes out of sync, i open the airfoil satelite app on my phone, and add it (my phone) as a receiver of audio. this re-syncs the audio, and then i can disconnect my phone. this is something i have to do once every couple hours. it's not perfect, but to me it's an acceptable workaround.

hopefully this helps folks understand what we're dealing with, and what one option is.

Highlighted

Roadie

Only if you spend more money and buy receivers.. Gramofon so far sucks. I have 4 gramofons and as long as I am not using them all at the same time playing the same thing, they seem to work alright.. Christmas party had all gramofons and all systems throughout the house playing the same thing and all of a sudden silence. The gramofons all started blinking blue they knocked out the dedicated network they were on, I had to run and reboot the router they were connected to, then I was able to get one back online and playing music but the others would not group so had to reboot all the others and after about 10 mins i was able to get another one going and it took about 10 mins each and 40 mins later, all the gramofons were in sync and working again, 40 MINUTES! In the middle of our Christmas party I had to screw with the gramofons that had their very own dedicated network. Then every once in a while I would hear the music drop out in one area of the house and then another and then back on again. I was pissed, this really drives me  up the wall when I want to play it loud.. Can you imagine full volume then complete silence then full volume again? Its stupid dude.

SUGGESTED POSTS