Jimi 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Android phone, Windows PC

Operating System

My Question or Issue

First, my playback stops randomly during songs (whether phone is awake or asleep, on wifi and mobile, online and offline) and also at the end of songs. When I switch back to the app it tends to continue playing but sometimes is fully paused. It is happening on speaker and through head phones. It is making spotify unusable as I have to manually start most songs as well as it pausing during about half the songs I play. It also happens on my windows PC, so doesnt seem to be an android issue.

Not sure its related, but I have another issue where premium songs arent accessible to me, ie https://open.spotify.com/track/1XTp1W9MiaRVKsktvYZiDv?si=hLmqwerJQhasKwUuJeqw6Q can be played by my friend and was unavailable for me. Linked it to a few other people who have premium and they can all play it, so why/how am I paying the same monthly fee to get less music? Why is my account restricted in this way?

Sure you hear this a lot but another few hours of this and i'm off. Have tried factory resetting phone etc. Most irritated by receiving less songs than other premium users despite paying the same.

1 Reply

Hey @theconvalescent.

That's odd. Let's make sure you don't have multiple Spotify accounts following the suggestions on this support page. You could be logging in to the wrong account which is causing the issue where you can't play some songs.

About the music pausing or skipping, have you noticed any unwanted usage or changes on your Spotify account? If that's the case, I suggest following the steps here.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts