Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing baby music has ruined my account

Playing baby music has ruined my account

Hi there, 

I played a single lullaby track to get my baby to sleep for a whole year on spotify and now all my playlists (that I used to depend on for finding new music!) like release radar and discover weekly are completely ruined with baby music and lullabies.  It didn't happen instantly of course, but by the time I had realised what I had done it was too late.  Is there any way to reverse this?  Can Spotify remove a single track from my listening history so it stop affecting the algorithms?   I've used spotify for years and have years of playlists built up so I don't want to have to shut down my account etc... 

If I can't retroactively change my listening history to affect the algorithm, is there a way of duplicating all my playlists into a new account and starting again? 

Thanks, 
Dan

2 Replies

Hi @topperharley,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Unfortunately, there isn’t currently a way to remove tracks from your listening history in order to influence your recommendations (e.g. Discover Weekly, Release Radar).

However, there is currently a Live Idea for this potential feature in the Idea Exchange of the Spotify Community.

If it's something you're interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to the idea. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here. You can also Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title, to be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

If you'd like to create a new Spotify account and start again, you can transfer content from your current Spotify account to the new account by following the steps provided in this FAQ article.

Going forward, the best way to stop baby music and lullabies from influencing your music recommendations is by turning on Private Session when you play them for your infant. Alternatively, you could try Spotify Kids, which you can read about here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you Trey!  I appreciate the response and will investigate.  

Dan

Suggested posts