Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing bought music - offline

Playing bought music - offline

Hello

I have bought some of Taylor Swifts music - and have placed it in "Local files" on Spotify. But I can't play it either online or offline on my Windows Phone. Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Best regards

Per

3 Replies

Hi,

Try adding them to a Spotify playlist, then connecting your phone to the same Wifi as the computer so it will sync the local tracks.

However, if your Spotify is up to date, Devices is not currently a feature of the client so you won't be able to sync the local tracks to your phone. An exact return date is as yet unspecified, but it should return soon.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you Anthony

I have something to add on to what @Taylor said

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts