Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing other Family members songs

Playing other Family members songs

Premium Family account

My Daughter lives 60 miles away but is on our Family Account, but when she plays her music it sometimes comes over via my device  and stop the music im currently playing

and one of us has to stop using spotify  ( usually me)

we both have Apples and this happens when im at home, work or in the car..it seems to happen more when she is via her Alexa ( and didnt happen when she came home and we are on the same network)

tried all sorts of settings but not cured 

any help would be appreciated as we definitely  have different music tastes

4 Replies

Hey @mgso16

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you talking about another Alexa device when referring to your device? If the answer is "yes", would you mind un-linking any Spotify account connected with the device and linking yours again?

To do so:

1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and go to Settings > Music > Spotify.
  2. Tap Disable Skill and confirm by tapping Disable.
  3. Next, tap Enable to use and follow the instructions to log in to your account again.

Hope creating a link between your Spotify and Alexa from scratch does the trick. Let us know how it goes. We'll look out for your updates!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Mario

My daughter has Alexa but i dont...and she is telling me the options described arnt available on her Alexa APP

so we both use our iphones to play spotify but sometimes our music comes through on the other persons phone

eg..i was playing something this morning and it was suddenly replaced with something my daughter had selected 60 miles away

i was thinking it was Alexa as she is the only one using Alexa 

we have 3 other people on the family plan and it doesnt happen with the others

cheers

Mike

are you guys logged into the same account or is it two separate accounts with different emails/passwords? if it is the same account that could be the problem.

Hello

Its on our family account 

so im not sure really...im signed in and sent invites to 4 family members..so cant recall how they sign in

i have no problem with the other 3 people ( 2 of them live with me and the other lives with my daughter whose songs im getting)

the only difference is that my Daughter plays spotify through her Alexa

its very odd issue

cheers

Suggested posts