Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist name has been removed

Playlist name has been removed

I've recently had the title of many of my playlists containing a name deleted because of it "breaking the guidelines" but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, what can I do to make it follow the guidelines so I can keep the name of it? Again, the only thing I've done is named it.

60 Replies

I have reached out to the support team (replying to the email that my content was removed), but I haven't heard back in a week yet. This is really hurting my brand! How long more do I need to wait? 😞

Hi there @HoumanM,

Thank you for your reply.

If you haven't heard anything by Monday we suggest that you try to reach out to them again. However it can take some time for them to get back to you. This can depend on the amount of people that reached out to the customer support.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've been having a similar problem for months now. Every couple of days (or weeks if I'm lucky) I will get the email saying that my playlist name (which has over 950 followers) is violating the community guidelines. And it doesn't violate the guidelines at all. And I am so sick of having sent an appeal every single time I get that email and waiting for like a day or so to re-add the name.  I really hope that Spotify fixes this issue ASAP.

The same issue is happening to my playlist. I have over 15,000 followers and the title continues to get deleted. Any suggestions? I've already chatted and responded to the email. 

Instrumental Dance Music 

Spotify keeps removing my playlist 's title and description for being "offensive." Yet there is nothing offensive in the title.  When I try to fix it by adding a title back, it emails me again and removes all information on it. I don't like having a blank playlist title because it makes it impossible to find in the desktop app. I changed the title back to "Instrumental Dance Music" and it STILL told me it's too offensive and removed it again. This doesn't make any sense.  Here's the email Spotify sends me after they removed my playlist's title/description over seven times, even though at no point was there anything remotely offensive in the playlist.

"Hello,

We’ve received notice that an image and/or description on one of your playlists  has been reported as including inappropriate or offensive content and violates our Profile and Playlist Image Guidelines.  Therefore, we’ve removed the image and/or description from the playlist on Spotify. Please note: the playlist itself has not been removed.

If you believe you received this notice in error, please respond back to this email with an appeal within five (5) business days and we will look into the case.

All the best,
Spotify Customer Service Team"

Attached is a screenshot of my playlist before they removed it.

Spotify2.png

Hey @genandnic,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend reaching out to our Custome Support team through one of the channels here. They'd be able to shine some light on the situation and check why this is happening.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I made an other post. Maybe all comment in that one as well to get Spotify attention on this problem. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Spotify-is-deleting-the-name-of-my-playlist/td-p/532133...

I made an other post. Maybe all comment in that one as well to get Spotify attention on this problem. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Spotify-is-deleting-the-name-of-my-playlist/td-p/532133...

Update:

So I thought the issue was fixed it was not happening as often as it should, but just yesterday it started happening again and I sent a response to the email and tried to rename it today, but that did not work. And my playlist has over 1,200 followers now and it cannot keep happening like this, I seriously don't know what to do.

Plan

Premium

Country

Taiwan

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist that I use at my bar, it's one I created and have been using for over a year. It's called 'Cowboys Beach Bar & Grill' - for the past couple of weeks the name keeps being removed and I get this e-mail:

Hello, We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information. spotify:playlist:14SDPyE13BPqt7oG9FyTRi Regards, Spotify

I have spoken to a Spotify assistant 2 times on the chat function, and on the 2nd occasion, they said it was solved and closed the case. The next day the playlist name was removed again. The customer service was useless....they kept telling me to "not worry" which was quite strange. I simply needed the issue resolved, not emotional counseling. 

I've tried changing the name and the same thing happens. 

Can anyone help me with this? 

Hi there @ratdaddyuk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to heart about this.

In this case we recommend that you head over to this idea and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to it so you don't miss any updates about it.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Have a great continued week!

JeremyModerator

Plan

Free/Premium

Country - Australia

Device

(iPhone 12 pro)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist which Spotify keeps on removing the name and description of it. I do not believe there to be any breach of Spotify's terms or conditions, yet it keeps getting removed (almost on a weekly basis). The playlist is title "Retail Safe Music (May, 22 Update)". It is simply a playlist suitable for retail stores (I created it for my workplace, but it now has 1200+ followers). 

This is the link to the playlist. I would appreciate some insight as to why this breaches Spotify's terms.  https://open.spotify.com/playlist/34ogqZqHJFmLwCmjgVblJ9?si=c71c6b8ab77a43d1

I get an email notification every time it gets removed. There used to be an option to appeal via that email, which I have done in the past, but have not received a reply or explanation as to why it is happening. Now there isn't even an option to appeal.

Hi there @LilyP,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're aware that this can happen at times and we're sorry that you're having this experience.

For now we recommend that you check this idea out. You can also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the idea so that you don't miss any updates about this.

If you have any questions or if we can help you with anything else we're always one post away.

Have a great continued day!

JeremyModerator

Same issue exactly. Have contacted five different people over the web chat line and they all either didn't know what to do, ended the conversation on me, or tell me that I just have to respond to the Policy Notification email and hope for a response. I have emailed them several times over the past few days and have received no response. I have even contacted **bleep** with no response. I have even direct messaged them via Facebook and they only responded with how can I help you an hour after I sent the details about my situation and no response after that. I am running out of options because they don't have a help line to call and it seems the people who work for Spotify don't know how to fix this problem either. I have over 4,000 followers on this playlist and that is why this is so frustrating. I wouldn't care if it wasn't followed by so many. I've spent years on this playlist all for Spotify to take it down randomly and for the help team to be absolutely no help. I've gotten more help from this community forum. Spotify do better! 

I'm having the same issue. My only popular playlist, with over 15000 likes, is being repeatedly flagged and the image, description and name are all removed every day, and I get a very uninformative email that says this each time it happens:

Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

spotify:playlist:5C9lDDPLBwTLWnFz5Qlazz

Regards,

Spotify

I contacted customer service and they were rude and said they refused to give me any info about that subject and just ended the chat, even when I stayed totally polite and was just asking for any information or help they could give me on how I could remedy the situation.

I think either someone is maliciously flagging my playlist repeatedly because they are jealous, etc, or possibly it was removed originally because of the copyrighted image as the cover image, but then when I have replaced the image with pictures I took in my garden or ones I made in photoshop myself from vector drawings, they were also repeatedly removed no matter what the provenance of the image. 

What's going on and how can i fix this issue? Is spotify intentionally sabotaging popular playlists, or allowing it to happen? They are providing no support whatsoever on this subject. The only customer service people on this site who reply to this topic tell you to email them, but they aren't even contactable by email. They just say that so they can tell you something and act like the ball's in your court, and then they can easily dismiss this issue. I don't know why they aren't doing anything to address this issue, but it doesn't seem like a good business practice and is certainly making it less fun for me to use spotify. I would really appreciate some help or info on how to fix this. 

This has happened to me over and over. My playlist name keeps being removed.  Chill Electronica - not a copywritten name.  I contacted customer service via chat twice and they said they can't tell me anything but to contact support@ I have contacted them three times.  No response. It's really irksome. 

This is happening to me as well.  Over and over. AS soon as I add the playlist name - Chill Electronica - it is removed for break Spotify rules.  I have contacted customer support multiple times to no avail. 

Idem. Since one month , spotify delete certain titles and pictures ... without details exept i had been signaled ( violation of rules). Without details. 

Capture d’écran 2022-11-13 124912.png
Capture d’écran 2022-11-09 101645.png

I've been changing my playlist cover and name quite a few times recently, but they both keep getting removed? I have added fanart for the cover before and have credited the artists in the description, but I am unsure as to why this specific playlist keeps getting deleted, when none of my other playlists that have fanart don't get deleted? help would be really appreciated 😄

Hey @introvertedkiwi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Playlists get removed for a couple of reasons. One reason a playlist might be removed is because certain words are used in the playlist's title or description. Another reason they get removed is if the art makes it look like it's an official Spotify playlist. 

Make sure to follow these guidelines when adding a cover and description to your playlists in the future.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts