Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist deleted when linked to Facebook

Playlist deleted when linked to Facebook

So i recently instatlled spotify on a new computer and i saw a possibility that i could login with a username and password. (Before always used facebook to login). But it seemed that i have forgotten my password and did reset it.

So when i was logged in i saw that all of my playlist were gone. I decided to link this account to facebook and still all my playlist are gone.

I tried to unlink this account and log back in to my facebook account but the problem still exists.

There were playlist like:

-Verjaardag 2017

-Hardstyle

-Chill

Which i had been working on for a very long time.

5 Replies

Hello @scaper777!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll be here to help 🙂

You should make sure you're logging in with the same account you have your playlists in. You can learn more about how to find your accounts here.

As far as how to recover your lost playlists, you can easily check your deleted playlists and recover them from here.

Hope this helps and have a nice day, let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Jose. 💫

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As far as how to recover your lost playlists, you can easily check your deleted playlists and recover them from here.

I have looked into already and there were no playlist in there execpt the one i just put in there and deleted for testing purpose.

@Jose_M

You should make sure you're logging in with the same account you have your playlists in. You can learn more about how to find your accounts here.

As stated before i always logged in with facebook normaly and all things were fine. Now i wanted to use the login with credentials instead of the one click login of facebook and it stated that i didnt know my password. So i did reset my password and could login after that.

Then i saw all of my playlist were gone and tried linking my facebook account to that account. The problem still exists.

Then i tried unlinking the facebook account and logging in with facebook. Still no playlists.

Hey @scaper777,

I'd recommend requesting a new password on the password reset page. If you put the email address that's associated to your Facebook account, or was associated when you created your Facebook linked account, you will receive a password and will be able to log in with your email address as a username.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on! Jose. 💫

Jose_MSpotify Star

When i started using Spotify for the first time i was able to login just with Facebook only. That is how i created my account.

I managed to find my old account that was linked to this Facebook account and is now named "11101901152". I guess that is wat spotify does creating an account with Facebook only login.

Like i said when i was creating a Spotify account and linked it Facebook it took some other (i assume) ID. The reason why there are no playlist anymore.

I am using the same email adress for my facebook and spotify btw.

Problems that still exists:

- I am not able to login with my email adres. Only account name;

- I can't link my old facebook ID to my current spotify account.

Hello @scaper777!

You can request a new password by putting 11101901152 in the password reset link. You can learn how to reset your password here. If you don't know or have no email address in this account, you'll have to create another account.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts