Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist divided

Playlist divided

I've got a playlist that has been divided into two where about one third of all followers now is following the same playlist "created" by another user? This happened on this past weekend. 

15 Replies

Got a link to the playlist? (Right click > Copy Spotify URI)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've done some fiddling with things on our end (there's a few new systems we're using to do this, so sorry for any bugs!).

How's it all looking now? Any better?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

No, it's still the same problem

How about now?

If not, I'll do some further investigation when I get a chance. We've changed some things recently and this is a good chance to identify what looks like a bug.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

No, it's still the same. At least at the ipad wich is the only one i checked

Ok - I'll investigate and let you know what we turn up.

Now there is three versions of the playlist! Two of them is visable on my profile. One with no followers. The third one is the one that was attached to another user before. It now says that the playlist is mine but it is not connected to my profile or to the main playlist.

Okey, now I have 6 different versions of the playlist at my account and at least one more that only can be seen on followers accounts?

Could you post the links to the playlists so that we've got them all together? We can then take action to get rid of the issue.

And I have a good idea about what's causing this, and I'll do my best to get it fixed (as you can imagine, it's a bit messy!)

This is what I call the original one: 200 greatest songs of Rock and/or Roll

And this is the other part of it that is only to be seen on followers accounts: 200 greatest songs of Rock and/or Roll

And the following playlists are the extras that occurred yesterday: 200 greatest songs of Rock and/or Roll

200 greatest songs of Rock and/or Roll

Edit: the last one now seems to be the same that previous only was visible at followers account. 

So these are all now only showing up on your account, rather than anyone else's? Can you just delete the duplicate ones?

I have now deleted the duplicated playlists on my account. What is left to solve now is part of the original problem. My playlist has been divided into two, with lots of followers on each. I want them to be joined to one playlist again, as they were just a week ago.

These are the two remaining playlists: 200 greatest songs of Rock and/or Roll

200 greatest songs of Rock and/or Roll.

I'm afraid that whilst we'll be able to merge the tracks into a single playlist, we won't be able to do the same with the follower count.

I suggest that we merge the tracks into the playlist with the more followers, though this still means losing the followers for the other playlist.

We're very sorry that this has happened and understand the inconvenience caused by this. We'll take every precaution to stop this happening again.

That's a solution I find hard to accept. There must be some better way.

Suggested posts