Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist not findable

Playlist not findable

I want to make a shared playlist but the playlist cannot be found by everyone when you type the name (both the name of the playlist and the name of my account) in the search bar. The playlist is public. Does anybody know how to improve the findability of my playlist and account?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

Hey @Floornieuw,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The more followers a playlist has, the more likely it is to show up when you search for it. Furthermore, it's easier for a playlist to be found if it has a unique name (e.g. a name featuring words that are not too common or perhaps part of more popular playlists' names).

As a heads-up, you can still find the playlist if you copy and paste the link to the playlist in your search bar instead.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario,

Thanks for you answer. Do you know if it is possible to make a collaborative playlist public? And if not, how can other people find my playlist? Only by sending them a link?

Hey @Floornieuw,

Thanks for replying.

It is possible to make a collaborative playlist public. To do so on Desktop: 

1. Right-click the playlist.
  2. Select Make Public to show it on your profile.

On mobile:

1. Tap the three-dots menu at the top of the playlist.
  2. Select Make Public to show it on your profile, or select Make Secret to hide it from your profile. 

In order to boost your playlist's level in terms of search results, you can work on some social sharing to make the playlist circulate and gain popularity. For instance:

• On Facebook, you can copy song, album, or playlist links right into status fields.
  • On Twitter, sharing a Spotify song link creates a custom, playable audio card.
  • On Instagram stories, you and your fans can share Spotify albums, tracks, artists, and playlists that link to the Spotify app.

Note: When you (or we) update a playlist, it can take some time for Facebook and Twitter to update their cached version. If you notice this, try entering the playlist link into the Facebook debugger and Twitter validator to refresh it.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When I change the settings into Public the playlist is no longer collaborative. But when I change it into collaborative the playlist is nog longer public and it cannot be found on my profile. Is it possible that the playlist is both collaborative and public (so that it is seen on my profile)? 

Suggested posts