Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist subscriber counts not updating

Playlist subscriber counts not updating

So a few playlists that I'm following and have made are not updating the "follow" count accordingly. Weird.. it's been like this for about 3 weeks? Anyone know what's up?

5 Replies

Hi,

Odd, have you tried a  Clean reinstallation of Spotify? May just be a slight glitch in your Spotify client. Reinstalling it should just refresh everything to get it back to normal again.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Yes I have done a clean reinstall - multiple times on different devices. I have three Spotify clients: one on my desktop, laptop, and nexus 4 (android). I'm following a playlist and it claims the playlist has 0 subscribers even though I'm obviously subscribed to it. On another note, it says I have 5 followers but I only have 4. Is my account out of sync or something? It's been like this for so long

@treap wrote:

Yes I have done a clean reinstall - multiple times on different devices. I have three Spotify clients: one on my desktop, laptop, and nexus 4 (android). I'm following a playlist and it claims the playlist has 0 subscribers even though I'm obviously subscribed to it. On another note, it says I have 5 followers but I only have 4. Is my account out of sync or something? It's been like this for so long

Hey 🙂 

Just had a quick look, it would appear your subscriber numbers are a little wrong for some reason. 

I would suggest you open a support ticket with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and someone from Spotify will be able to look into your account a little closer to make sure everything is running smoothly on their side. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

Thanks for the response. I've tried to contact them but they give me pretty generic responses. What do I do?

I tried creating a new account and using that account to follow one of my playlists. Again, the playlist count didn't update. I cleared all the cache directories manually and stuff too.

Could you manually escalate my issue?

Just reply to the "do not reply" email and a staff member will look at it for you.

Suggested posts