Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist won't update name, or songs when sharing it on facebook

Solved!

Playlist won't update name, or songs when sharing it on facebook

So, my problem is that even though I've updated my playlist, added a bunch of more songs and anted to share it on facebook, when I do it, shows its old name which I changed about a month ago, and shows the old songs.

Makes me mad, because I don't like the name it had but I wanna share it... If anyone can help me, be my guest, thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@benkinx wrote:

I have updated the playlist in Spotify (name and tracks), but when i copy http link and paste on fb, or share to fb, it's still the old name, and the names of deleted tracks that show in the fb news feed.. I sent an e-mail to support as well. I really thought that this was a more common problem, as people update and share playlists all the time.

Try running the HTTP link to the playlist through the Facebook debugger:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

It sometimes forces a refresh of the data.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have over 700 songs on my playlist, maybe that is the issue? It's showing songs that I'd removed months ago in the first 5 songs on the list. I've done this multiple times, it only updates a few songs.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I've searched the web for a while now, and this is the only thing I can find.  I'm having the exact same issue.

I have the the same issue, and I can't find anything on the web on how to overcome this problem either..

BK

As far as I know, if you post a playlist on facebook, it's static and doesn't update the track details as they are just spotify URIs. You can get around this by posting your updated playlist, or just post a playlist link in future instead of the tracklist.

I have updated the playlist in Spotify (name and tracks), but when i copy http link and paste on fb, or share to fb, it's still the old name, and the names of deleted tracks that show in the fb news feed.. I sent an e-mail to support as well. I really thought that this was a more common problem, as people update and share playlists all the time.

BK
Marked as solution

@benkinx wrote:

Try running the HTTP link to the playlist through the Facebook debugger:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

It sometimes forces a refresh of the data.

Peter

Peter

Same here. I have a playlist which I update every couple of weeks or so. Playlist's name is always the same, but content completely changes from one time to another, but when sharing on FB it won't update. Tried FB debugging and didn't work. Any clues on how to solve this?

Why isnt any Spotify staff answering this topic?

@ludvig_carlsson - The Spotify Community is mainly a place for user-user support. If you want support from Spotify, get in touch with the support team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you are having issues with Facebook links, unfortunately it is almost always over on the Facebook end things are broken. It is worth running your links through the debugger above to see if that corrects them. 

Peter

Facebook Debug tool does not work properly.  After using this formula several times when sharing the current updated playlist the tool no longer functions after recognizing the link from previous post.  It will only show the more current song in the playlist but not the corresponding tracks that were updated to the playlist on the same day.  Is there an alternative debug tool that isn't related to FB developer site that actually works for play lists that are frequently updated and shared on its platform?  

This worked for me.  Thanks very much.  I pasted my link and clicked "Debug."  Then I clicked "Scrape Again" and it updated for me.

Marked as solution

I have over 700 songs on my playlist, maybe that is the issue? It's showing songs that I'd removed months ago in the first 5 songs on the list. I've done this multiple times, it only updates a few songs.

Spotify, please remove the "Solved" status.  I don't think you understand the problem.  Spotify has some kind of caching mechanism, which is apparently used to source the links which can be shared to other applications.  The debugging option has no effect -- it still picks up old data.  It looks like it takes around a month for the cached data to update (!).  It's too bad that the user cannot force this caching layer to refresh our data.  Until it updates itself, our shared links will look old.  

Suggested posts