Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

It’s really annoying cause I don’t want your **bleep**ing suggestions. If I did then there’d be no point of creating a playlist with music that I LIKE. So stop. Seriously. Also stop adding more songs after I try to delete the ones you add. Please let me know how to shut this function off.

85 Replies

Hey @lildarkfreak@Saizon@ckronengold and @English2394,

Thanks for getting in touch,

Until the 30th of December 2018 we are having two different offers for Free users! So perhaps it's time to give Spotify Premium a chance.

Our first offer is for users that have never been on Premium before. You'll be able to get the first 3 months for only 0.99. The second offer is for users that were Premium in the past (before October 16th). These users can get 3 months for 9.99.

With Premium you'll get loads of benefits. Here's some you might find interesting:

• On demand listening
  • Shuffle play or no-shuffle play
  • No ads
  • High quality streaming
  • Save songs for Offline use

We hope to welcome you as Premium user soon 🙂

Have a nice day!

You think an upsell is appropriate here instead of resolving the issue?

"Hey. Sorry our $h!t doesn't work right. Pay me."

Y'know what's really sad? Instead of fixing this $H!T, they start plugging their own stuff. Do they not understand, it's not even our playlist if we dont choose. You give us ads? Ok, you need money I guess... You give us limited choice over how we can skip songs in our playlist. That's okay I guess. You make it so we can't listen offline. That makes sense. BUT THEN WE DONT HAVE A CHOICE ON WHAT WE LISTEN TO. This app basically is just trash. We watch your ads to give you money and now you add random stuff to our playlist. It isn't even our choice. This needs to be taken out. This app only represents people that have the money to afford giving you money. Us the listeners have no choice while all the songs are limited. Switching to TREBEL.

It drives me insane, I'm thinking about switching to TIDAL

@aprlee05 wrote:
It drives me insane, I'm thinking about switching to TIDAL

I know what it feels like

Premium Plan/ Samsung Note8 and Samsung Note9. It has been happening cor
several months now and it adds songs to my playlists that I created and it
adds entire playlists of songs that include music I don't even listen to

And that’s why I’ve stopped using Spotify. I’ll find my music elsewhere, I’ll listen to what I want, not what you think I want, because you don’t. ✌🏻👋🏻

Songs keep being added by Spotify.

free

Alcatel Raven

since I got the app

all playlists

Upgrading to Premium does NOT prevent this from happening, and it's totally unacceptable to me. I'm reluctantly cancelling my subscription because of this feature..

Someone said Spotify would not add tracks if the playlist has 15 songs. Maybe they won't be automatically added, but they will be at the end "suggested," and they will play, even with autoplay turned off. I'm in a trial of Premium, but I will not stay with spotify. I'm not paying to have stuff forced on me. It should be possible to turn off any of these invasive features if they aren't wanted.

So I log on today and all of my playlists have been deleted, smh...what is
going on with Spotify??

Hey @aprlee05.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you're not seeing your music, it's possible that you've logged into the wrong account. We suggest you check out this support article, which should have the answers you're looking for.

Hope that helps!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us here.

For those of you experiencing this, could you firstly confirm that you are a Premium user, and then provide us with the following:

• a step-by-step description of what is happening, with specific examples?
  • several screenshots which help illustrate the problem more clearly?

Once we have these, we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

What do you expect? It's Facebook.... They don't give any care about you, just your wallet..

Hope this helps..lol!

You claim that the "we added" section of the playlist would not be included when the playlist was being played. However, this is untrue and is quite a large issue due to the limited skips. I hope that there is a fair reason as to why you lied, or at least a way to delete the "we added" feature.

It still plays the songs it has added to your playlist, unasked, though!

It is so annoying.

I can take the adds, and not being able to skip at liberty, but adding random crappy songs to my chosen list... Really?!

It happened to me and my friend too and I’be been on google trying to find an answer and it looks like if you have less than 12 songs in your playlist they will add suggestions and you will hear them when you shuffle your playlist. So either you can get premium but many people can’t cause they don’t have the money or their parents won’t let them so just add more than 12 songs to the playlist and it will be fine. I’m possitive it will work since the one who said it, their comment was listed as a ‘solution’. 

I have found this so annoying! I made a playlist of more that 12 songs, still had random songs added by Spotify, no way near related to anything in that playlist. Couldn't find any "we've added" section within the playlist on my app and yet song after song I've never heard of kept coming! I went on web player and the songs Spotify was forcing on me were not even in the suggested section there! The only thing I could do was "hide song" until the songs I had added to the playlist came back. It started playing these random songs after only THREE of the songs on the playlist had played! Not even after it had been through all of the songs! This we've added feature is the stupidest thing ever! I get suggestions, that we can then choose to add ourselves if we like it but making us listen to these songs by force just frustrates and annoys people and in the end they will not enjoy the song, they will not add to playlist. 

First of all, I’m not a premium user as I can handle all the ads and limited skipping. Most of my playlists have been topped up with spotify-recommended songs which I’m not hot for. There was a previous comment about how this only applies to playlists of less than 15 songs and I agree as one of my playlists with 22 songs are thankfully recommendation-free. Please stop this because if we wanted to hear those songs, it would already be in our playlists. At the very least, allow us to turn the function off.

Thanks

39AB4315-BCA1-4AEB-B407-B985ABD2E703.png
84361042-0DC7-4AE5-9A75-FB44105F8973.png
0344D84F-C08D-47D8-942C-F2EDEF921F57.png

Heres the thing, its not hapining on anything but my phone so ither i carry a laptop/Giant Tablite everywhere or I **bleep** spotify

Suggested posts