[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist

Solved!
Solution!

Re: [Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist

Hey folks,

Thanks for providing your feedback on this feature.

We just wanted to clarify that the following is expected behaviour on the free version on mobile:

• If you have less than 15 songs in your Favorite Songs, we'll add more songs.
  • You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

If any of you are experiencing something different to this, let us know and we'll look into it further. 

If you would like to suggest a change or improvement to the app, we invite you to create an idea in the Community by going here (there is a similar existing idea here, but I don't think it's the same as the one you're after). You can get other users to vote for it, and the more votes it gets, the more likely it is to be implemented in future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this feature - we'll be happy to answer them.

Take care :)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
Highlighted

theroyalham

You can’t. Spotify barely makes money. They’re in the business of annoying you as much as possible to push you into buying their premium subscription. 

6g-dzurf_x2va
Casual Listener

I thought it was just me that didn't know how to operate the phone version, but I now see that everyone has the same experience. I accept that the free version has to be funded by Adverts. But I want to listen to MUSIC OF MY CHOICE, not from some crappy algorithm. If you don't fix this issue I'll be unlikely to use Spotify much if at all. 

Re: stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist

6g-dzurf_x2va
Casual Listener

Very bad answer. The whole business model is designed to push users towards Premium. I'm happy to accept adverts in the free version. I'm not at all happy to have some crappy algorithm selecting songs for me. 

NB90

I'm having the same issue with the creating of my own playlist and spotify adding songs to it. If the playlist only actually contains my songs why are the spotify added songs the only ones I get playing? 

Bro0718

No. Your wrong. They are added to your play list. You have to listen to them.

Hey @Bro0718 and @NB90,

If we understand you correctly, when listening to a playlist containing songs which Spotify has added, you are only able to listen to the added recommended songs. Is this correct?

If so, would you mind sending us a screen recording showing us how this is happening? Once we have that, we'll be able to look into this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

aysha_amani
Music Fan

they are part of the playlist for me they never fail to play

user-removed
Not applicable

So being new to Spotify I was surprised when I saw music added to my list to. I have only one playlist at present, and it was meant to contain songs only from “Breaking Bad” I have been watching the episodes and Shazam’ing the songs I like, only for it to be ruined. 

From I’m what I have just read on these thread pages I have been deterred from a subscription. 

Oceanman22433

I just found out that they want your playlist to have at least 15 songs on your playlist so try to have 15 songs on your playlist and it should eradicate that problem

SUGGESTED POSTS