Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

[Playlists] How do I stop Spotify from adding tracks to my playlist?

It’s really annoying cause I don’t want your **bleep**ing suggestions. If I did then there’d be no point of creating a playlist with music that I LIKE. So stop. Seriously. Also stop adding more songs after I try to delete the ones you add. Please let me know how to shut this function off.

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for providing your feedback on this feature.

We just wanted to clarify that the following is expected behaviour on the free version on mobile:

• If you have less than 15 songs in your playlist, we'll add more songs.
  • You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

You can check this idea about an option to remove the We added section and add your +Vote to it. You can also Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you're experiencing any issues with Recommended songs, make sure to start a new thread about it in the relevant help board here and we'll help you out.

Thanks! Take care for now 🙂

85 Replies

Hi I am having a problem, all my download worked perfectly but suddenly they have all linked to shuffle and I cannot untoggle to get my individual songs. I tried to follow the advic but I cannot find the shuffle toggle because has been replaced by a heart sign . All my other devices work perfectly.  

Best wishes

John Proctor 

*snip*

Hi I still cannot toggle out of shuffle and therefore I cannot listen to individual songs in either playlists, artists or albums.  

I'm listening on mobile to an album with 17 tracks and Spotify automatically adds about 6 tracks to that list so it doesn't seem to be limited at 15.

Anyway, I used to be able to use Spotify to listen to some music that I like. Now I can only listen to music that you like. Tell me why I should even bother with this? I'm really curious how Spotify thinks this will sell more Premium as opposed to users simply going for another provider to avoid the hassle.

I am a premium Member. I pay for this service and I still get all this **bleep** everyday to my favorites List. Needs to stop before I go to IHeart or something else.

This is not a solution, just a restatement of the problem which in truth is obviously that Spotify aren't putting the customer first. I will now look for alternatives particularly as this fascist control of our playlists is not apparently stopped by subscribing to premium.

I previously was briefly subscribed to Premium but as I subscribed all me Facebook friends were bombarded without my permission. Yes there is a setting in Facebook you can turn off but it is on without your permission by default and you are not made aware of it's existence. This is nice software but a sleazy company and I will look at alternatives as if I cant curate my own playlist as I wish then one of the main points of using Spotify is gone

I am ready to leave too. I have an hour long medical procedure each week so i made a playlist of soothing songs that i love. The other day they tossed. B-52s song in there and i about jumped off the bed! I miss Grooveshark! I had a list of my top fave handpicked songs. Perfect! Then in shut down and all my songs were lost. If you want us to get Premium, then give good incentives instead of bullying us into upgrading. No thanks

Suggested posts