Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists and all saved music disappeared; tried everything

Playlists and all saved music disappeared; tried everything

Over the weekend, my playlists and all of my saved music disappeared. I hadn't changed any of my login information (I'd been logging in via Facebook on three devices - PC, Macbook and iPhone). I looked through the Help files this morning and read some Spotify Community posts on how to fix the issue. I followed the steps in a Spotify Community thread that said there must've been an additional, "empty" account assigned to my username (likely attached to my Facebook account). It said to log out, log back in with my Spotify username and password and that the issue would be fixed, and that I'd be logged into my "old" account.

It didn't work.

I'm still getting logged into the empty account. But I can see that all of the playlists from my "old" account still exist - I was able to follow my "old" self. It doesn't seem to matter if I log in with my Facebook credentials or with my Spotify username. It's as if both accounts are attached to the same username and email address, but whenever I try to log in, I only have access to the new, empty account.

I've tried everything. I removed Spotify from my App Settings in Facebook, hoping that would remove the empty account. Didn't work. I changed my password for both Spotify and Facebook. Didn't work. I've tried logging into Spotify with my username and password. Didn't work.

I'm at my wits' end. Is there a way to merge these two accounts? They both appear to be attached to the same username and email address, but I can only control the "empty" account. I want my music back - help!

3 Replies

Read this post for troubleshooting steps and how to contact support if the steps don't work

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried these steps multiple times, to no avail. I've also sent at least two messages to the support team, and just keep getting automated messages telling me to consult the Spotify Community for help.

@battyle

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts