Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists being mysteriously deleted and new ones added.

Solved!

Playlists being mysteriously deleted and new ones added.

Hi,

So when I logged onto my spotify today I found about 100 of my playlists deleted and about 5 new ones added. All 5 were playlists made by "Spotify". Is this some kind of advertising for new playlists or songs added onto spotify or what the **bleep** is going on? 

I had two devices connected to my account, my phone and my old one. It could be someone is on my old phone messing with me, but according to rules that phone went into destrucion and recycling.

Is someone else having this issue?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bennetoft, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To recover your playlists, please go to this link: https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

In order to prevent this issue from occurring again, here are a couple of things you should try:

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases.

2) Also on your Account page there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all devices previously signed into. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

Please let me know if you need any further help with this issue! Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @bennetoft, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To recover your playlists, please go to this link: https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

In order to prevent this issue from occurring again, here are a couple of things you should try:

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases.

2) Also on your Account page there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all devices previously signed into. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

Please let me know if you need any further help with this issue! Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts