Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists gone, account changed from Premium to Free?

Playlists gone, account changed from Premium to Free?

Hi there!

Few days ago when i logged into my Spotify account from my computer, I noticed that all my playlists were gone and plus for that I got commercials? Then i realized that my account is Spotify Free.

I immeadiately checked my bank account for last payment for Spotify and it was 9.9.2014 - 9.99€ so I should be good for over a week atleast?

I have send 4 messages from contact form to Spotify and got just one e-mail reply saying its being handled. I just want this thing sorted out now if I am paying for this **bleep** that wont work.

-Angry customer

17 Replies

@HYTTINE - Sounds like you have set up a duplicate account, so it is worth trying the steps here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premiu...

If they don't help, how long ago did you get in touch?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi!

That didnt quite help. It seems i really have two accounts then, one with my email address as the signing in name and one with "nickname". But the problem now is when i go in the the nickname, it says that my country is UK, and I cant lock in because i live in Finland. When i try to change the country it says there is another account by the same email address.

Getting on my nerves now big time, can i call somewhere and call them whores and **bleep** now?

Spotify don't have telephone support I'm afraid. Did you open a case via the contact form? If so can you let us know your 8-digit case number and we can ask someone to check it out for you?

Peter

Yes i have done it, here is the number 

Case # 01869337

Thanks

Hi there,

I have the exactly the same problem. Switching from facebook login to spotify-username-login and all playlists are gone and no premium account anymore...

I have asked the spotifysupport but no answer so far.

my casenumber is #01877529.

I'm glad for any help! thanks

I'm escalating both of those cases for you now guys. Keep an eye on your inboxes.

Peter

The exact same thing happened to me.  I've been without my premium account for over 5 days now.  I've had a case open with spotify for over 4 days.  I also gave my case number to Peter yesterday who esclated it for me, but I have yet to receive any response from Spotify directly.

Spotify sure had no problem with charging my credit card, but they sure have a problem with contacting me if there is a problem.  I've never had such bad customer service.

If this goes on another day or two I will open a dispute for the charges with my credit card company.  You might need to do the same.

Same thing here, 5 days without premium and recived automatic email that they recived my mail.

Lets see will they bill me the 9.99€ on the 9.10.2014. I have pretty good feeling that it will happen and i will be still without Premium account...

I ended up sending a tweet to @Spotifycares and I received support right away and I'm back to using Spotify.  I would recommend you do the same.

Spotify did confirm both of the case numbers above where escalated for me, so they are definitely in the queue. No sure why it is taking them so long at the minute to get back to people.

Peter

My case was solved! I received an email from support@spotify.com and they replied almost instantly. Thanks for your try and checking my case ticket!

@user-removed - Glad to hear it! 🙂

Peter

And still I am here without my playlists and premium account, listening to commercial for trying out the Premium...

Good thing that you guys got the help. Mayby me now?

@HYTTINE - Has no one replied to your case since I raised it earlier in the week?

Peter

No

you probably received a confirmation email from the support refering to your case? answer directly to this mail, just do not care about that no-replay message! worked for me...

i have a similar problem... all started when i erased my cellphone cache... i tried to log in but i couldn´t remember my password, so requested a new one... when i finally log in, it said that my account is free... but i pay... even i checked with my bank... in the bill appears a code with a charge from Sweden... i want my premium account back, please!!

Suggested posts