Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists not showing on public profile

Playlists not showing on public profile

Hey my playlists aren't showing on my public profile? They're public and not secret? Any ideas? My friends are trying to follow them and they're not showing up x
22 Replies

Got a link to your profile?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi. Can you post a link to one of these playlists (right click playlist name > copy spotify URI) please and I'll take a look.

I have the same problem.

Can you post a link to one of these playlists (right click playlist name > copy spotify URI) please and I'll take a look.

Hello,

I have this issue too since upgrading and also never been able to see them publicly on my iphone under my user account.

DJ Koze - Amygdala Remixes #2

there is an example URL from one of my playlists

Cheers

Twigs

If you use the web player and set the playlists to public from there by right clicking on a playlist name does that work?

Hello,

I logged into the web player and when you right click the playlist the options are - Play, Rename, Share. Start Radio, Copy URl or Delete. no option is available for making the playlists public - i have also checked in the settings and on all devices my playlists are set to public but nothing is show up when i look at my profile, iphone, desktop or web client

Cheers

This is very strange. Could you get in touch here and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I have the same issue. My friends try to follow me but all of my playlists are hidden. Only "Starred" playlist is showing as public. I did click on each and every playlist and chose "make public" but still all my playlists are private (not showing on my profile).

link:

https://play.spotify.com/user/1261854312

I did that...right clicked every playlist and chose "make public" STILL all playlists (besides "Starred") is NOT showing up public. "Make public" seems to not work properly.

I'm having issues seeing my friends "starred" tracks. I've always been able to view them till recently. I go to the starred playlist and then it immediately goes to a screen to ask me to add starred tracks to my playlist... then there is a browse option...
I'm confused... and I don't think all my friends suddenly marked them as private.

Peter or another spotify expert guy or gal,

I am a new artist and I am trying to promote my  personalized birthday themed music through a public playlist.  I made the playlist, made it public then logged out of my profile and went to my wifes account profile to see if it would show up in a search and it does not.  Then I had a firend search it on their account and same thing,  it did not come up in search.   Ultimately I am interested in people who have no connection to me finding my music through a playlist through a related search so as to increase my streams and get more exposure for my content./music.  Can you tell me the tricks to get a playlist like this to show up.  I have already looked at all your help links as they were given to me when asking this question of your customer service but none address this situation exactly.    

Michael  

Old topic, but finding it with the same problem:

https://play.spotify.com/user/mrcolj/playlist/6zAPESzSuXolChJSTJl7jV

I was wondering why I had no followers on my recent playlists, and then realized that when i look at my own profile I can't get any playlists from the last six months to show up.

Wait, I don't know where that link came from!

https://play.spotify.com/user/mrcolj/playlist/6zAPESzSuXolChJSTJl7jV

That's my playlist.  But seriously, no overlapping history with that earlier one...

Oh, reading around and troubleshooting, my problem was the collaborative playlist are not public (anymore.)  That's certainly not intuitive.  That's precisely what I was trying to do, figure out how to tell my wife about my collaborative playlist.  I ended up clicking this forum link from her computer!  But I know that's not right.  We're both very very hard power users--I've been on spotify since day one, last.fm since day one before that, and have worked with last.fm professionally.  So if we're not catching this, there are good odds to consider that it may not be an intuitive "feature."  

Greetings, same problem here. My friend can see everything but the one I want to show them. Here is the problem child.

https://open.spotify.com/user/matlockmeeks/playlist/7vQNR88RMv3BGVkFCi1JG1

My playlist is not showing up publicly either and the URI is:

spotify:user:21x32g6cshxlkszfeotqfxeca:playlist:4P0GAvjzSFvek8TpWanSXy

Any help?

same problem here, come on spotify it is nearly 2018...

Suggested posts