Plan

Free & Premium

Country

Worldwide

Device

Android and Apple mobile phones

Hi everyone!
Hope you´re all doing well.
I have an issue with spotify for the last three releases of my band Riot in the Attic.
The day the songs were released, each time we started a social media campaign with ads directing to Spotify. First I thought maybe it was a problem within the ads, but now, after I checked literally everything, I´m sure the problem is on Spotifys side.

So we run the campaigns and everything looked normal. Soon there were conversions (i.e. people were clicking on the link to get to the Spotify song) and everything looked fine.
Now, on the Spotify Artists page, there were only very few plays.
After a few days changing the ad campaigns and checking everything, I met a friend who has a Spotify account himself and asked him to play the song. He played it completely (I know the 30 second rule to get a play as an artist, thats not the point) and again, there was no +1 play in the live stats of my artist page. And by the way, no one on the "listening now" row while he was playing the song.
I asked another friend to do the same -> Same result
Another -> Same result

For now, I got over 600 conversions and only less than 60 plays counted on Spotify coming from my profile and catalog (So from my ads and other). I know, a song can be bad sometimes, but 90% of people clicking stop after just a few seconds, though they already heard a part of the song on the ad and clicked through to Spotify to listen to that song is extremely unrealistic to me.

So it seems that spotify is not counting every play for the artists, wich, of course, could save Spotify money, but I hope its not the case they do it on purpose.

So,

Are there any issues on the Spotify Artist stats?
Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hi there @The_Dan,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This is something for our Artist Support team to help with. You can get in touch with them here.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts