Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playstation music and Spotify Student discount

Playstation music and Spotify Student discount

Hi,

I started my Spotify premium account a while ago through playstation music. Now I have signed up to do a diploma and have myself an NUS card to get the student discount. 

However, I cannot seem to apply it to my account. It just keeps pointing me playstation music, where I cannot apply the discount.

Can you help?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey there!

If I'm reading Playstation's website on Spotify correctly, you should've created an account using an email and password combination.

Using that combination, you should be able to sign up for Spotify Premium with the student discount here and clicking the "Get Premium" button after logging in.

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi thanks for the reply.

I've just tried and it comes up with the message...

Your subscription is associated with our partner Playstation Music, please refer to Playstation Music for questions regarding your subscription.

Hmm, I think that means that you might hae to manage your account through Playstation Music. Since I don't use it myself, I can't really help that much.

That being said, I think that if you want to switch to a student Premium subscription, you need to cancel your current Premium subscription first. You can reportedly do that like this: "In Spotify go to the user icon in the upper right hand conner. Press X and then select Manage Subscription. You can cancel your automatic renewal there."

I think that will allow you to apply the student discount through the website since it seems like purchasing Premium through Playstation is the reason why it is giving you that message.

Good luck! 

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts