Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please change my Username from those numbers

Please change my Username from those numbers

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Desktop/Android

Operating System

Win 10 / Android 10

My Question or Issue

Could someone from the Support team could change my Username for me, i still got those numbers from back in the day and would like to have a Username instead.

3 Replies

Hey @xXxRichiexXx ,

Thanks for reaching out.

It’s not possible to change your username, but you don’t need to remember it. You can log in with your email address and password, or Facebook.

You can create a custom display name that replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

If you don't like your current username:

Note: You can't log in with your display name (you can use your email for that).

• You can create a new account and choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up.  
    Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions on the existing account. Also, you can't transfer any saved music/playlists, but you can always save/create them again. 

• Or, you can connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name.
    Note: If you already have a display name, it'll show instead of your Facebook name.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah i tried Login in with Facebook, still got those numbers.

Creating an second Account doesn't make sense to me, been using Spotify for other a couple year now.

Hope Spotify adds a solution in the Future to change that.

Hey there @xXxRichiexXx,

Thanks for posting here!

Justt like @Maxim said, it's not possible to change the username of an existing Spotify account. You can create a new account. A username combining numbers and letters will be created automatically. This is happening due to security reasons.

You will however, have a display name as well. This is the one all users will see when they come across your account. You can choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up. We suggest you do this on a Desktop device. 

Also, no worries - you won't lose your music. If you wish to have a different username, you must create a new account and you can transfer all of your music to it. You can read more about it here.

Last but not least - it's very important that you cancel your subscription on your previous account and subscribe to Premium on the new account. If you have subscribed to Spotify through a partner of ours, you must reach out to them so they can fix this for you. 

Btw, if your account was created through Facebook, it might be helpful too check this article out.

We hope this info helps.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts