Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please help I got Hacked

Please help I got Hacked

Hi, so I have a family plan my dad pays for. Today when I wanted to use Spotify I was logged out. I tried logging in with my user but I couldn’t. Seems like someone deleted the account I had. I checked my emails and it said someone in the US logged into my account yesterday at 22:03:26 ART (I live in Argentina) along with many safety warnings and an option to change my password but when tried to change it, it said I already changed it. So I tried logging in with my email on the web and a new account was created just as if my account never existed. The account I had was with this same email and my user is nicolerak. I also tried getting help from Spotify but the I’ve been hacked option wasn’t available, I tried starting a chat but was never contacted. I had made so many playlists, and listen to Spotify daily, could someone please help me? I will be very grateful with anything someone could provide. Thank you in advance!

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

(iPhone Xr, Macbook Pro, etc.)

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help. You can just select Account > Any topic > I STILL NEED HELP.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J thanks for the advice but I already did that and got redirected here, to the FAQ, and twitter. Hopefully a Spotify employee sees this... TA

Hey @user-removed,

What happens when you try to get in touch with Customer Support? Also, if you have Twitter, you can get in touch with SpotifyCares here and send them a DM (Direct Message) with what you need help with.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts