Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please help. My profile is NEVER viewable, no matter what I do :(

Solved!

Please help. My profile is NEVER viewable, no matter what I do :(

Hey guys. I'm really nerved. No matter what I do, my profile is NEVER viewable. Actually, it's just not existing on spotify. I created a stand-alone account, without linking it with facebook. Then I asked a friend to check my new playlist but he just couldn't find me. After doing a little research, I tried the spotify:user:name-thing, but this only works with the ID (spotify:user:3kjtdbgl1h07mbw94nwrs8v1d). By adding my profile name instead of the ID, it doesn't work at all. By the way, is this normal?

I'm just fed up with it. I want to be findable by my real name, which I've signed in with. So I tried to sign in with Facebook. But - surprise - even when I'm logged in with facebook I wont be viewed. wth? Where's my profile?

Support only says I should ask my question here, lol.

Who can help me? 😞 Thank you
(Windows 10, free plan)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Sari3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Please keep in mind that if the display name you've chosen is common, it will be more difficult for users to find you as there are more users with the same name.

Just to confirm, does the same happen if your friends start typing your second name instead of your first first? If not, we'd recommend asking your friends to look you up using your second name instead for faster results.

You can also find more tips here.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Sari3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Please keep in mind that if the display name you've chosen is common, it will be more difficult for users to find you as there are more users with the same name.

Just to confirm, does the same happen if your friends start typing your second name instead of your first first? If not, we'd recommend asking your friends to look you up using your second name instead for faster results.

You can also find more tips here.

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts