Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please help resolve account issue

Please help resolve account issue

I am appealing to the community as numerous emails have gone unanswered. My account was hacked and the email was changed. I cancelled my subscription due to no response and apparently I am still being charged for premium music services. I would like my account reimbursed and my subscription permanently cancelled as it is beyond ridiculous that there is no way to contact Spotify personnel by phone. My Facebook account is still tied to the Spotify account but I cannot open Spotify or handle any issues via Spotify channels as all emails are going to the hacker. If anyone can assist I would appreciate the help. 

10 Replies

Hey there,

Have you replied to the automated email from Spotify Support? If not, please do it (even if the automated email came from a no-reply email address) and a Spotify Support Rep will get back to you within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've replied numerous times - as stated in my original post - I believe if there has been a response then it's going to the hacker - I can't even cancel the subscription because password confirmation is required on an account I no longer have access to.

It's been 5 days and I've received no info no email - nothing.

Can you send me your Support Case# ID(s)?

MaximSpotify Star

All I ever got from Spotify was notification that my email had been changed and if it wasn't me to send an email to account-details-changed@spotify.com. I have received no further communication after 3 different emails over the last five days. I'm assuming they are sending the info to the hacker email address.

Since that time my trial period has expired and I'm being charged $9.99 for a subscription I canceled before the trial period ended.

Oh okay. You can contact Spotify Support via this contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/ - The form should ask for an email address that Spotify Support can use to contact you on.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for your help but the requests keep automatically going to the hacker email.

I've escalated this issue. Hopefully someone from the Spotify Team will join this conversation soon

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @user-removed!

Please, log out of your Spotify account and try again the link to the anonymous contact form that @Maxim shared.

Now it should ask you to enter a email to contact support.

Suggested posts