Free/Premium

Country

Worldwide

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

I'd wish to get more edit functionality on my profile page.

My main question is how difficult it is to add an edit function for the profile name. I don't mean the auto-generated username. I mean my name shown in my Spotify profile, on the website, on my devices etc. I don't understand why there is no possibility to change that name like every other platform give you the possibility for that "Text-field".

Other things can be changed what not really ,akes sense to me.

For example - I can edit my postal code but need to create a new account if I move and want to use Spotify Family. Thats not round for me.

And why can I change me Account email address, but not my profile name which is just a public attribute?

So please think about edit functionality to make the account control better, easier and more comfortable for your users.

Because of the need to create a new account after my move, I've lost my habit of listening. It was nice and quick from the support to transfer my playlists and followings. But what my music experience on Spotify makes alive is lost, cause I'm a new user now and my experience oft over 2 years hearing music is gone.

I do please you to think about your account and user management.

Thank you

1 Reply

Hello @user-removed,

As you said, at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

As for creating a new account for joining a Family Plan, you don't need to do that. You can join your already existing accounts to you Premium for Family. You can learn more about that here.

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Cheers, Jose!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts