Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please remove particular ad with curse word

Please remove particular ad with curse word

One of Spotify's premium ads has the word **bleep** in it and even though I'm listening to the Gospel station it still pops up. I understand if I chose to listen to music with cursing then there's no way around that, but not everyone listens to that language. Please remove the ad that has the curse word in it.

Thank you ❤️

8 Replies

How about having your adverts not contain explicit words?  Thanks.

Hey @Bianca20!

I totally understand how alarming this can be, Spotify didn’t mean to cause any offence here, could you let me know anything you remember about the advert such as the brand or what it was about so Spotify can get this checked out behind the scenes!

Any Questions, Just ask! 🙂

Thanks for understanding. It's been a few days, but I remember that it was a Spotify ad not another company. I'm sure there are a ton of ads, but I hope you guys can find it. Sorry for not remembering the exact one.

Thanks for that information, I’ll pass this to the appropriate folks at Spotify to investigate this with urgency!

Thanks for letting me know! 🙂

@Bianca20,

The teams in charge ideally need to know what was said, do you know what words were said and also what country your listening in? 🙂

Updated on 2018-02-25

Hi! 

That's very odd!

Do you have the advert by chance? Or what it said?

/L

I made a post also about a Spotify ad with cursing in it, it may be the same one. It was a Spotify premium ad that had a woman narrating that ads will slow you down/hinder you and the exact words said were "you're kicking a**." Hopefully this helps. 

Thanks for the extra info and feedback, this has now been passed along!
If you happen to notice anything like this again, please let me know the date, time, and playlist you heard it in too! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll see what I can suggest.

Suggested posts