Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please stop cluttering my mail inbox! (Bug report, please read)

Solved!

Please stop cluttering my mail inbox! (Bug report, please read)

I don't know where to contact you to get your attention, i hope this'll do.

I can't change my Email notification settings. Whenever i try to save the email field light up in red saying: "Another account is already registered with this email address". What the hell? I've recently been getting a bunch of emails from spotifymail.com (which i at first thought was spam by the way, why use another domain?), and after logging in to my profile i see that the setting "There's activity from friends" is checked for "Immediately", i don't want any emails.

Image:

http://i.imgur.com/2OztO.png

How do i change my notifications without getting hat error? Please fix your **bleep**.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, the staff will be able to remove it for you. 

Drop the team a message using the online contact form and a member of the team will be able to completely remove it for you. 

The instructions I posted above would merge your 2 accounts into one, stopping the annoying emails and then you can always disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey 🙂 

It sounds like you have accidentally made 2 seperate accounts. 

Have a read at this post which should be able to get this sorted for you.

Peter

Peter

Hmm, yes it does indeed seem like i have two accounts, one of which is from facebook. The account i am using is the non-facebook account, is it possible to delete the facebook account alltogether and only have the "normal" account? I only need one account, and i don't want to change my email on the normal account so the only option i have is to delete the facebook account.

Can you delete my facebook account for me? My facebook account username is: 1154282457

Hey 🙂

You should be able to do this by yourself by merging your 2 accounts.

The instructions are here.

Peter

Peter

I'm not quite sure i get what you mean.

This is the solution you linked to:

1. In the Spotify desktop application, log out (File > Log out..)
    - Sure, alright
  2. In the login box, now log back in again, using your Spotify username and password. This will log you back into your original account.
    - Oh okay, so i login to the same account i just logged out from?
  3. However, your Facebook account will still be connected to the new Spotify account. To break this connection, connect to Facebook from within the desktop application. You can do this in Preferences > Social Network
    (Preferences is found under the File menu on Windows, and under Spotify on Mac)
    You can disconnect from Facebook after that, if you wish.
    - Wait, what?

I want to make it clear i don't want to associate my spotify account with facebook at all. All i want is to have one account only, and not to be associated with facebook. Is it possible to delete the facebook-account?

Marked as solution

Yes, the staff will be able to remove it for you. 

Drop the team a message using the online contact form and a member of the team will be able to completely remove it for you. 

The instructions I posted above would merge your 2 accounts into one, stopping the annoying emails and then you can always disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook again.

Peter

Peter

Thank you, i'll contact the staff! 🙂

@nikee93 - I have deleted the FB-related account now.

Wow, that was fast! Thank you!

Suggested posts