Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts are not available

Solved!

Podcasts are not available

Plan

Premium

Country

Kazakhstan

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S8)

Operating System

(Android 9, Windows 10,etc.)

My Issue

Since I installed app and bought premium subscription podcasts are not available in my android app and windows app. I tried to reinstall both, it didn't help. If I try to open direct link of any podcast or any episode of a podcast from web browser nothing happens, it just opens a default page. If I search and click "podcasts" genre in the app it shows an empty page.

I assume the issue somehow related to a region where I live. If it is the case what is the point making the app available in a certain region and making users to pay for restricted content ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @g4n1

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Keep in mind that when launching in new markets it's common for the app to appear without the full Spotify product range. This happens due to translation reasons and extensive product development. 

However, we can confirm that upon launch all Spotify features get rolled out gradually across different countries and regions, so if you can’t see any podcasts in the relevant app section right now, they might appear soon. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.   

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @g4n1

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Keep in mind that when launching in new markets it's common for the app to appear without the full Spotify product range. This happens due to translation reasons and extensive product development. 

However, we can confirm that upon launch all Spotify features get rolled out gradually across different countries and regions, so if you can’t see any podcasts in the relevant app section right now, they might appear soon. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.   

Hi Spotify team,

Not sure whether you are aware but Ukrainians are requesting access to podcasts (just search on Twitter).

Can you accelerate their access? I bet they will forgive language issues if not perfect. 

- a former Spotifier

Hey @bob_smith1950,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

All Spotify features get rolled out gradually in new countries and regions but this could take some time. A similar idea was posted previously about this. We'd recommend voting and subscribing to this idea to be up to date with any information regarding this suggestion. You can check the status of the idea for more info.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts