Free

Country

South Korea, formerly UK

Device

Same on desktop app and browser

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Yesterday, after having moved to South Korea approx 3 weeks ago, I received a message saying that my location and saved profile data did not match, so I went to correct it.

After doing this, no matter what, all I see when I open Spotify is a blue pop up telling me to check out 3 months premium for free. My options are either 'subscribe' or 'log out'. There appears no way to close the pop up and continue using the free app like I've been doing.

Larkin2_0-1631089670440.png

This is the same for the desktop app and for the browser.

I've tried redownloading, reinstalling etc to no avail. No matter what I do, this popup is here and I can't get rid of it, and consequently, I can no longer use Spotify at all.

What's even more ironic is that the 3 months free offer doesn't apply to me here in Korea - when I looked into it, it told me it was unavailable in my region and redirected me to a 1 month free offer. Either way, there is no way to say 'no thank you' and continue using the app like I have been for a year or so.

1 Reply

Hey @Larkin2 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, the free plan is not available in South Korea, which is why you're seeing this Pop-Up. In order to use Spotify, you must have Premium Individual or Duo.

It is common that not all subscription types are available initially when Spotify launches in a new region. Rest assured, they're always looking into opportunities to expand offers and available subscriptions on a case-by-case basis for each region.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts