Announcements

Popup podcast notifications in app -

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Popup podcast notifications in app -

Casual Listener

I second that. Do you guys realize that this is an app with a premium subscription? Do you realize that this is a mobile app and people usually use these on the go? Almost every time I'm walking and using the search it hits me with the popup. 3 times in a row. It is very distracting, repetitive, annoying and forces me not to use the app at all.

Do you realize you're breaking the UX flow for absolutely irrelevant suggestions? And this is a popup (!) in the premium (!!) mobile (!!!) app. Even Facebook doesn't do this and they're full of ads.

Highlighted

Visitor

 Stop now.

Screenshot_20200429-014916_Spotify.png

Highlighted

Popup Ads appearing on Premium

Casual Listener

On iOS with Premium subscription I am having popup ads for the Kids' version of the Spotify app and for random podcasts appear several times a day, sometimes every 5-10 minutes. These take up the whole screen and I am forced to hunt for the dismiss button. I pay for a premium subscription to avoid ads and if this is a new "feature" I'll have to cancel and go to another service.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This has started happening to me too. If it doesn't stop in a week I'll be cancelling my subscription and going to apple music.

Highlighted

Regular

It just happened twice in 5 mins. I’m about to quit.

Spotify, please listen: you may make money in the short term from advertising revenue but in this competitive market you will lose users and your more importantly your reputation by introducing ads in a paid subscription...

Highlighted

I'm in agreement with everyone here. Spotify is a great service and I don't mind paying for premium to not have advertisements. These "recommendations" for podcasts that I am not interested are advertisements.

I'm giving Spotify 3 update cycles to fix this. If I keep seeing ads, then I'm switching to apple music. 

Highlighted

Visitor
I'm having the same issue and I also have a premium subscription. I noticed that the podcast that was recommended was published by Spotify studios and dealt with mature themes/ explicit content. I don't listen to podcasts in that genre and I do not want to be recommended podcasts like that. If this was an ad on another platform (because it is an ad, not an actual recommendation), I would ask for it to be hidden because it is "offensive or inappropriate". I don't know how to report it or ask for it not to be shown again. Pop-up podcast recommendations/ads are annoying, but pop-ups that are potentially offensive are extremely disruptive to the user experience.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm getting popup ads every single time I navigate backwards in the Android Spotify app. It's the same damn ad every single time 'Premium Duo. Perfect for two.' 

Spotify, make it stop. Your mobile advertisement system is obviously broken, and serves no purpose other than irritating your *paying customers*.

If you're going to continue doing this very annoying and worthless thing,

a) Change it so it doesn't interrupt how we use the same ad

b) Buy or build a real advertising recommender. Your ad department is plainly just shoving C-suite mandates into the pipeline, with little thought as to how often or whether to rotate.

I've gotten this same ad every time I hit the back button on Android Spotify on a Samsung Galaxy S20+.

As a result, I'm now three times more likely to plug my headphones into my laptop and listen there- where there are no advertisements. Think about that, for a minute. You're driving paying customers away from your mobile platform.

Why is the mobile platform -with its confined, smaller screen and more limited navigation- a better way to deliver ads to users? You obviously haven't thought this through.

Screenshot_20200715-120814_Spotify.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Highlighted

Visitor
I too am getting podcast notifications as a premium member even tho I have my notifications TURNED OFF. HIGHLY ANNOYING. They’re political podcasts in nature. This needs to stop. Now.
SUGGESTED POSTS