Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possible to switch email on my Premium account to an old deleted free account (of mine)?

Solved!

Possible to switch email on my Premium account to an old deleted free account (of mine)?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I had two accounts - my current is a family plan premium account. But when I signed up for it I used my work email. I'd like to change that. However the email account I'd like to switch it to was associated with an older free account of mine that I didn't mean to setup. 

I deleted the free account a few weeks ago and... the email is still unavailable. In hind sight, had I known what I wanted to do, I would have just changed the email on the free account to a throw away email and then swapped them out. But alas it's too late for that. 

So will I ever be able to regain usage of the old email account on a now deleted and inactivatable account? I own both of the accounts and could prove it if that would help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello KiloWattson, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we can't help you here, because too many privacy details are needed.

I think your account may not be deleted properly, that's why you can't change your e-mail.

I'll suggest you to fill out this form, and an Spotify customer agent will be happy to help you out within 24h!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this'll be solved as soon as possible!

Note:

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello KiloWattson, thanks for reaching out!

When did you delete the account? It can take up to 48 hours to delete the e-mail from an deleted account.

I'd suggest you to wait till your past 48 hours since that might work.

Also, you can't change an subscription from one to another Spotify account, but you can cancel, and re-subscribe to the Premium plan.

Hope this'll help, keep us posted.

Thanks for the reply! I deleted it 15 days ago so def longer than 48 hours. 

And technically I don't want to move subscriptions *to* the other account. Merely change the email on my existing account to be my personal email instead of my work email. 

I'm hoping that deleting the other account (that used my personal email) would release the email back into the pool. Unfortunately at the moment when I try to change the email in my account settings it says my email is still associated with another account.

Marked as solution

Hello KiloWattson, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we can't help you here, because too many privacy details are needed.

I think your account may not be deleted properly, that's why you can't change your e-mail.

I'll suggest you to fill out this form, and an Spotify customer agent will be happy to help you out within 24h!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this'll be solved as soon as possible!

Note:

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Got in touch with support. The email will be released tomorrow. 
I do remember reading about a 14 day window after account deletion but then I saw another email that mentions you can't reactivate after 7 days and I must have conflated the two. 

Tomorrow will be the 14th day so all is good! Thanks!

Suggested posts