Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Posting Problem

Solved!

Posting Problem

I am familiar with the @Will_T method of directing a reply to a specific person and use it on other forums.  I see people use it here also.  But when I try to include it in one of my replies the same as I do on other boards, it does not work.  What is the trick here on the Spotify forum?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Will_T,

Thank you for the confirmation 🙂

That permission is only available here when you are at Rising Star rank by joining the RSP (Rock Star Program). You can learn more about this here if you are interested.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Will_T,

I understand where you're coming from. You can use the link from my last reply if you'd still like to join the RSP 🙂

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Will_T, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

To confirm, you're having issues mentioning people in your replies here on the community like (@Billy-J) for example?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Yes.  I type the following:  @Billy-J    And it just comes through as regular text.  On other forums, as soon as I type the first few letters of the user after the @ sign, a list pops up with matches and I choose the correct one to complete the insertion of the mention.  That is not happening for me here and if I just finish typing (@Billy-J) for example, it just comes out as "@Billy-J", with no html.

Marked as solution

@Will_T,

Thank you for the confirmation 🙂

That permission is only available here when you are at Rising Star rank by joining the RSP (Rock Star Program). You can learn more about this here if you are interested.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

OK thanks. Very odd.  Wonder why such a basic feature is limited to the "Rock Stars"?  Sort of like Spotify in general.  I am finding things that seem like they should be very basic functions, (like a good shuffle function), that are not allowed or working correctly.  When I search for answers, I often find that others have stated and requested the same for many years and nothing has been done.  Shuffle is probably the biggest of themm, but I have encountered a few others too.  I love the Spotify library and many of the features but there are definitly some very puzzling shortcomings. 

Marked as solution

@Will_T,

I understand where you're coming from. You can use the link from my last reply if you'd still like to join the RSP 🙂

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts