Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Account Disabled!!!

Premium Account Disabled!!!

Hey Spotify,

I had to make a new account to post this...

It looks like my premium account was recently disabled (username h3oc)

I think it may be because the charge came through as "189582113016 8777781161 NY" which looked suspicious, so I disputed it as an unauthorized transaction with my bank.

Could I get it reactivated? I've been premium for about 2 years now, and I'd like to keep paying for it...

Preferably without starting a new account as I have 1600 starred tracks and 26 playlists.

28 Replies

Hi there @h3oc! Welcome to the Spotify Community.

This is a matter which the Customer Service Representatives will be able to assist with. You can use this form to get in contact with them.

If you get an automated response, just respond back and a rep. will get to you as soon as they can.

I hope this has helped you!

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

@h3oc wrote:

Hey Spotify,

I had to make a new account to post this...

It looks like my premium account was recently disabled (username h3oc)

I think it may be because the charge came through as "189582113016 8777781161 NY" which looked suspicious, so I disputed it as an unauthorized transaction with my bank.

Could I get it reactivated? I've been premium for about 2 years now, and I'd like to keep paying for it...

Preferably without starting a new account as I have 1600 starred tracks and 26 playlists.

That charge is actually your username 😉

Also, you can use the Support Form to contact the CS team who should be able to sort you out 🙂

Liam

Thanks

've still not heard back from my support ticket. How long should I expect it to take?

@h3oc wrote:
Thanks

've still not heard back from my support ticket. How long should I expect it to take?

Did you reply back to the automated response you would've received? If not, make sure to do that. Also, what's your case #?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I did reply to it.

I've just passed that case over to the folks who handle these kinds of issues. You should get a reply by the end of today I'd imagine.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

They got back to me, and re-enabled my account.

Thanks everyone!

I seem to have the same issue but, ONLY on the web ver.

Does the web ver. not authenticate the users? I feel you should be able to login in if you are a Premium subscriber...
Many Thanks,

Nathan Searcy | QA Engineer I

@Follow_yeshua wrote:
I seem to have the same issue but, ONLY on the web ver.

Does the web ver. not authenticate the users? I feel you should be able to login in if you are a Premium subscriber...
Many Thanks,

Nathan Searcy | QA Engineer I

Hey! 🙂 

What issue are you having exactly? Can you describe what happens when you try and log in?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Friday, May 17, 2013

2:54 PM

1. https://www.spotify.com/us/
    2. Login with FB - Shows me my icon from FB in top right navi. corner
    3. Click 'PLAY" in center of screen
    4. NO longer logged in
    5. Screen shot:

• Screen shot:

user/aa2fzqef65l6423qwb4b4b33bhgfnmcmamlndqtdzuno35xboshh7chgsm3dnb23vmqpnf6lne4xd6g3bjfabn646czjl3jecktzrmyt3ptzfy4wcuroq5y6mnofcdju7src4vnqyr3yglfnbes62ry5vmuvncrsrbapfry%3D

So on that page, is it asking you to log in again?

Peter

Peter

No, it just no longer shows my personal icon or name. The icon just says 'me' and displays that strange user id as my name.

I appreciate the time you spend troubleshooting everyones questions. I know we all suck at correspondance and demand it of you all. SO, THANK YOU!!

@user-removed wrote:

No, it just no longer shows my personal icon or name. The icon just says 'me' and displays that strange user id as my name.

I appreciate the time you spend troubleshooting everyones questions. I know we all suck at correspondance and demand it of you all. SO, THANK YOU!!

Strange, I am not really sure what is going on here! I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to dig into this a little deeper for you, by looking into your account details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Really considering just canceling. Not worth the hassle and poor functionality both web and mobile. But, programers will keep just pissing their code all over us like R-Kelly! I have been a web and mobile tester for 6 years now...and am used to it though. Just gonna have to go all in with MAC...PEACE OUT! Thanks PETER!!! 🙂

CANCELED!! NOT WORTH THE $$ AT ALL!

Canceled my account. bummer!

Think you could help me out too? I'm having the same exact problem that h3oc had. I don't wanna have to wait a week just to get it re-activated and lose all my music for now. 😕 If anything, my case # is 00957825. It'd be a big help, so thanks if you can! (:

Suggested posts