Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Account Disappeared and Payment Failure

Solved!

Premium Account Disappeared and Payment Failure

I have been paying for and using Spotify Premium for about a year without any issues. All of a sudden, my payment fails to go through (I have plenty of money in my account and my bank has no issues) and my account gets dropped down to free user. When I try to resubscribe it says "Your payment method cannot be processed at this time" or something along those lines. Also, whenever I try to buy a premium account (I figured it could be another way of reinstating my account) I get stuck in some sort of loop between the subscription page and the facebook log in page. What on earth is going on?? Please fix this as it is very frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the Community.

Taking a look at your account it looks like it's gone through now. Sorry for the trouble, must have been a hiccup.

If it happens again, I'd recommend clearing your browser's cache, or trying in another browser.

Hope you enjoy your music!

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The PayPal subscription will work just the same, so it'll be taken automatically. Shouldn't be a problem, but we're here to help if needed. Just let us know.

Marked as solution

I try and like to pay with the premium voucher, manually but it seems to be impossible?

I dont want and dont like to pay via Paypal and or Visa but just every 2 months with the voucher !!

Is that still possible the way it used to work or is that over now ?

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello! Welcome to the Community.

Taking a look at your account it looks like it's gone through now. Sorry for the trouble, must have been a hiccup.

If it happens again, I'd recommend clearing your browser's cache, or trying in another browser.

Hope you enjoy your music!

had to pay through PayPal, I'm wondering if I will have to do this maunally every month seeing as my bank account no longer seems to work? I would prefer to have it taken out every month...

Marked as solution

The PayPal subscription will work just the same, so it'll be taken automatically. Shouldn't be a problem, but we're here to help if needed. Just let us know.

Marked as solution

I try and like to pay with the premium voucher, manually but it seems to be impossible?

I dont want and dont like to pay via Paypal and or Visa but just every 2 months with the voucher !!

Is that still possible the way it used to work or is that over now ?

If you buy a giftcard from www.spotify.com/giftcard or from official stores (details at the same link), you'll be able to redeem those onto your account as and when you wanted to use them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I keep getting messages that my credit card has expired but this is not true. I am unable to change the expiration time or change what  credit card I use. Sharpen up or i will leave Spotify.

I am having a similar problem and cannot figure out what happened?  I can no longer log into my premium account at all and Spotify does not recognize the email address I have been using for log in purposes.

I was charged this month for the service but can no longer access anything.  This is the second time something with payment/activation has happened since opening this account 3 months ago.  What are my options?  How do I get this fixed?

Klasn49 - From looking at our system I can see that there are no payment details stored on our system for you. If you would to update your card and resubscribe, you can do so here.

beachbound - As you created a second account through Facebook using the same e-mail address as your original account and then subscribed, our system automatically removed the newly created account and transferred the subscription to the original account. This is to avoid customers creating two subscriptions on separate accounts. If you would like to delete your original account and create a new one through Facebook, get in touch with Customer Support who will be happy to help further. If you receive an autoresponse, send an e-mail in reply and an advisor will be back in touch shortly.

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi Jamie, Ok, I'm not signed into my other account and not Beachbound as before.  I cannot sign-into this account.  From my records, I created 2 accounts and they were both on separate email addresses. 

One of these accounts was for work (not premium) and the other was for my use on my devices (premium, as I can only be connected to 3 other devices).  So, my Beachbound account has been removed?  I can never access it again?  

Hi again,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. It seems that you had three accounts and now two remain. As the 'beachbound' account was not created through Facebook and is not currently linked to it, you will need to log in with your username (and not your e-mail address) in order to access the account. If you're having any trouble with this, Customer Support will get you logged back in and listening.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thank you for the help.  When clicking the "customer support" link it takes me to a screen that requires my log in information and currently both my email and my username do not work.  

That's no problem. This link will do the trick!

Follow me on Spotify.

Thank you very much, Jamie.  

Anytime!

Follow me on Spotify.

I got a reply from the "Spotify Support Team" that has a copy of what I sent Spotify and it tells me to refer back to the community boards for a solution.

This seems like a loop that will end with no solution as the email doesn't say anything about getting back to me or how I should actually fix this....  Is my Spotify Case still open?  This email makes it sound like Spotify considers my issue taken care of and I won't be hearing anything else.

-Beachbound

Not to worry, this is the autoresponse we mentioned earlier. Just send an e-mail in response and an advisor will be in touch shortly 🙂

Follow me on Spotify.

I'm having the exact same issues as the Original Poster but do not want to pay using Paypal. Please help?

@waynehad222 If you get in touch with the payment team, they'll help you get your issue resolved. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

how can he enjoy his music if its all gone?

Suggested posts