Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Account Hacked!!

Premium Account Hacked!!

I am contacting you on behalf of US user lantern212; this is his THIRD attempt to contact spotify. Please see case numbers 00172253 and 00208353 for reference.

Lantern212 has a legacy US Spotify account that does not require a facebook account. On 8/14/2012, he tried to log in to his Windows client, iOS app, Android app, and the website itself and was told that his username and password are incorrect.

He went to the website and plugged his username into the "forgot password" section. The website responded that he should be receiving an email message with instructions on how to reset his password - he never received it. He did this multiple times to make sure he received such an e-mail, but didn't. He has also checked his spam folders for such a message – it never arrived.

Lantern212 suspects that his account has been hacked, the password and e-mail associated with the account changed. PLEASE ASSIST as his credit card will still be charged (this is a premium account). Since he cannot log into the spotify forums, there is no possible way he can even let spotify know he was hacked.

6 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

I send this information to Spotify soon.

Message on its way.

You should receive a answer tomorrow.

Spotify take all those things seriously and provide a help to restore account for original user.

Thank you for letting us know about this.

Message to everyone, please keep a password very strong.

Hello.

As this may involve some discussion of some security details, one of our advisors will need to handle this case directly. I have taken a look at the numbers you have provided, and they are on our system. Someone should be with you shortly.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Any update to the "Premium Account Hacked" post?

Well, I've finally broken down and registered with facebook. I am the owner of the lantern212 account.

The complete lack of action on the part of spotify over these past few days has been disgusting. As my friend indicated, my premium account has been hacked, and my credit card continues to be charged. However, despite opening multiple tickets and having my friend open this post, no action has been taken. I've been watching both my inbox and spam folders, and I haven't been reached out to yet. Up until this week I've been singing the praises of spotify to anyone who would listen, but your inaction has changed my thoughts.

If I don't hear back from someone TODAY, I will be cancelling my credit card, and taking my business over to rdio.

Sorry about the delay here. Your account has been disabled while we investigate. We're getting an email over to you as I type.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts