Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Account Hacked

Premium Account Hacked

Hi. My Spotify Premium account has been hacked. The reason I know this is because my reset password no longer works and my password doesnt work. Please can you investigate this pressing issue. Please also address the fact that this is not the first nor last time an account will be hacked because your security protocols are terrible. Example. How can someone change my active email address and password without an email being sent to the current account holders email address. I have cancelled my subscription using paypal but still wish to take back control from the thief who is Randy Javaid and has clearly stolen my account.

http://open.spotify.com/user/squeeky

Please also restore my playlist from the beginning of the month because this person could also have altered my playlists.

I will be taking this further if action taken is not to my satisfaction including logs of activity and ip adresses for the past weeks so that whoever this is my be held accountable for their actions.

Please look though the log and send a new password to my correct email address.  I have been a member since 2011 and I will be making sure my friends and work collegues are aware of my issues with your service. I have submitted a report to you also.

Spotify Case # 00932748

Thanks

9 Replies

Hey @jelly-baby ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I have put in an escalation request with the Spotify community team to make sure that case gets answered as soon as possible for you, but unfortunately I can't give you an estimate of when that will be. The contact form team are however the best people to deal with this for you. 

Also, I don't think the security protocol comment is particualy a fair one, since to change those details you require the account password which is the responsibility of the user to keep safe, just like with everything else.

I also wouldn't hold your hopes up for getting IP address information either, from what I have seen in the past Spotify will only disclose that information where they are required to do so by law or court order, so you may need the police or someone else in authority to request that data for you. 

Hang tight, I am sure you will get your account back!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your help. I appreciate that it is in part my responsibility to protect my password (it is infact unique to my spotify account and not a dictionary word)

However what I do not understand is how can a password  and email address be changed without verification from the email address or memorable information. Many sites these days are asking for two stage verfication to help protect their user and their payment plans because as we all know even the best sites can have unknown securify flaws.

I have searched this forum and found others saying the same thing.

Thanks again for your time & help.

Your case is open in the system and someone from the accounts team should get back to you soon.

Thanks!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thank you for your assistance hopefully it wont take too long. Obviously I am keen to get this issue resolved so that I can get back to listening to my playlists.

Thanks

Hi. Just to update I have received an email

"We have been looking into your case and will investigate this further. We have taken the precaution to block all users from accessing your account while we are investigating."

Im really not sure that this is true because now all the tracks on the hacked profile have changed in the last 24 hours

Link to hacked account username: squeeky

http://open.spotify.com/user/squeeky

Please can you investigate this and block the account at the very least so that someone isnt altering my account.

I have also responded with the correct information to prove i own the account. The account query reference number is

00DD0pxIW._500D0Uuerm

jelly-baby - The accounts guys who emailed you are the best to chat to here. If you let them know your concerns, they'll get it sorted.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for your help Sam. I know your support are doing their best but I have still had no reply after emailing them the requested information about my account.

I replied on the 23rd of september and have heard nothing since. Can you see if any progress has been made on my case or something ?

Thanks

Bumped the team for an update on this for you 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi jelly-baby! I've just double checked and your email is still with the right folks. 

Apologies for the delay--they'll get back to you as soon as they can. Keep an eye on your inbox (and spam folder) for us. Thanks!

Suggested posts