Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

We want to sign up for a Premium Family account but will this mean that my daughter loses all her playlists and music - she is currently on an individual Premium account (which we will cancel)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CBoyd,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans doesn’t cause Spotify users to lose any content, including their playlists and saved music.

The billing also switches automatically for users who already have Premium Individual and are joining a Premium Family plan; so your daughter doesn’t have to cancel anything. After accepting the invite to join your Premium Family plan, she won't be charged for her account any further; her payments will instead be handled by the Premium Family plan manager (the person who started the plan).

Bear in mind that if your daughter’s Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party company, such as iTunes or a mobile operator, she will need to contact them to cancel her Premium before being able to join your Premium Family plan.

You can sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members of your residence by following the steps provided in this support article. Also, feel free to read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this Spotify Answer as well as in this Q&A thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @CBoyd,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

No worries, changing subscription plans doesn’t cause Spotify users to lose any content, including their playlists and saved music.

The billing also switches automatically for users who already have Premium Individual and are joining a Premium Family plan; so your daughter doesn’t have to cancel anything. After accepting the invite to join your Premium Family plan, she won't be charged for her account any further; her payments will instead be handled by the Premium Family plan manager (the person who started the plan).

Bear in mind that if your daughter’s Premium subscription is currently handled by a third party company, such as iTunes or a mobile operator, she will need to contact them to cancel her Premium before being able to join your Premium Family plan.

You can sign up for the Premium Family plan here, and then invite the other members of your residence by following the steps provided in this support article. Also, feel free to read more about how the Premium Family plan works in this Spotify Answer as well as in this Q&A thread.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you very much! It has worked!

Suggested posts