Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family login after being deleted

Solved!

Premium Family login after being deleted

Hello, 

i have a family premium account and deleted accidently one of my children from the account. When opening the link I sent him to join the account it says that I can't add myself to my own account. However he has his own account on his own device (Ipod touch). Before deleting him everything worked fine. Anything a clue what to do?

Regards,

Dirk

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

All is fine now.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dirk

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @dirkvh, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd suggest opening your Spotify account page in an incognito window of your browser then open the invitation link to a new tab and ask your son to sign in with his account.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Unfortunately that didn’t work.

I opened the linked from the mail app on the device of my son, right? Same error.

Hi there @dirkvh,

Thanks for posting here! 

If you've deleted a family member from the Premium Family plan by accident, you should be able to add them again by sending them a new invite. 

1. Make sure you access your account in an Incognito Window and send the invite to your son.
  2. Make sure that you son is logged into his own account by checking the account page. 
  3. Let him accept the new invite. 

Let us know how it goes. If there's any kind of error message different than the one you got before, feel free to send us a screenshot with hidden sensitive info (date of birth, email address). 

We're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

after trying and failing a couple of times I decided to wait a few days. Now it seems to work again. Strange...

However in my subscription I can see all members except the name of my son...

Regards,
Dirk

Marked as solution

All is fine now.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dirk

Hi @dirkvh,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! We're glad to hear all is fine now 🙂 

Bear in mind that whenever you see an error such as "You can't add yourself to your own account." it's probably because you're trying to accept the invite you sent out to your son, while being logged into your own account. For this to work, your son has to be logged into his own account, preferably on another device and accept. 

Hope this sheds light on what happened. Let us know if we can help you with anything else Spotify-related. 

Have a good day!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts