Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family not working for my family

Premium Family not working for my family

Hi all, 

I have recently subscribed to Premium Family to enjoy the option with my brothers, who live abroad. 

We understand that everyone must live in the same country and have therefore changed our address details, as well as the payment options. All are now in a single country, Belgium, with Belgian credit cards. 

Still, Spotify informs us that we are not residing in the same country. Do you know of any other step I may have missed? Any solution to my problem? 

Many thanks in advance! 

Delphine,

3 Replies

Hi @Phinou thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

Sounds like a tricky one. Changing the credit cards may work but I think Spotify's primary resource for location is your computer's IP address, if your family's IP's are in other countries then the family subscription won't work. Could you each check your individual account profiles for the country information if possible? Generally, this field is greyed out as it is calculated by IP address. You can also find out your IP address on this site.

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

Hi @bearfootrecords

Many thanks for your reply. When checking as you suggested, I indeed noticed the country of residence was greyed. I guess I should try to find another solution then. 

Thanks again! 🙂

Delphine,

OK, you could try reaching out to Spotify Care through this contact form  and they me able to help! 

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

Suggested posts