Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family question

Premium Family question

I am the owner of our family premium Spotify account.  I don't want my kids playlists showing up in my library.  Why are they and how do I change the settings?

6 Replies

Hey @studio463! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

With Spotify Family everyone can have their own account with their own playlists. The account holder can invite the other Spotify users to the Spotify Family. You can read more on how to set-up Spotify Family here. If there's anything else, just give me a shout! 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, How can my family members enter my family premium account if they DO NOT own an email address ??? Thank you for a reply . 

Hey @kk2206, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help!

Every family member should have their own Spotify account to join a Spotify Premium for Family plan. I recommend creating an email address for them to create a Spotify account. After that, they can tune in on the Spotify Premium for Family plan. Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks - but if they are teenagers and do not have any mail access ? or use mail ? Is it not possible to enter the family account via mobiler number f.e. or LOG IN ?

Hey @kk2206, thanks for keeping me posted!

To create a Spotify account, you need to have an email address. It's not possible to sign up with a phone number at this moment, but you can submit this as an Idea on the Community Ideas Exchange. Also, keep in mind that you need to be at least 13 years old to have a Spotify account. Let me know if anything's unclear.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thank you - that was helpful and bad news. Btw - my kids are 15 and 16 - so dont worry. But now I will cancel the membership again because that makes no sense to me because it won't work for us. Sad.

Suggested posts