Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family without asking, hacked??

Premium Family without asking, hacked??

This morning (while I was still asleep) I got a confirmation email saying Welcome to Premium for Family. However, I have a normal Premium account and did not ask for an upgrade to Family.

When I went to my account, I also saw 2 invitations waiting for confirmation. I never invited anyone!

Is my account hacked?? This family plan is useful but also costs me €5 more per month. Please don't force me and let me think about an upgrade first.
2 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Oh no! It sounds like somebody else might have access to your account.

Here are some things you can try to regain control of your Spotify account:

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases.

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

If you would like a refund for the extra €5, all you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and they can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need any more help 🙂

Thanks, I'll give it a try! Luckily it hasn't been charged yet. So hopefully when I downgrade it back to premium and change my password/disconnect all devices, it's enough..

Suggested posts