Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Outside US

Premium Outside US

Hi there

I create my free spotify account in the US, but now I'm in Costa Rica.

I trying to purchase Spotify Premium with my credit card so I can use it any where, but when I add my card information said denied but my card its working properly in other site and store. 

What's the problem?

13 Replies

Hi Isalash-- Welcome to the Community!

In order to upgrade to Premium, users need to be in one of our 13 supported countries. You can see the list below by clicking on the drop down menu under "Country".

So with a US credit card you'll only be able to upgrade once you're back in the states.

Hi. I am in the US and have Spotify Premuim using a US Credit Card. I will be traveling across Europe for the next one month. Will I be able to enjoy Spotify when I am outside of US?

Hi nila3 - Absolutely. So long as your Premium remains active you can travel abroad for as long as you'd like. 

Just remember you need to sign in online once every 30 days to keep your offline music. 

Enjoy your trip!

I have a British bank account but am not currently in Britain. Can I sign up for Premium?

EDIT: I'm in Switzerland, which I understand is a Spotify enabled country,

Your country will need to be set to the UK to accept UK cards. Don't worry, you can change it here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

If I sign up for  Spotify premium in the U.S. , will I be able to access Spotify in Costa Rica.

@aviator300 wrote:

If I sign up for  Spotify premium in the U.S. , will I be able to access Spotify in Costa Rica.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It depends on where you normally live.

If you are a US resident, then if you sign up for unlimited or premium before you go to Costa Rica, you can continue to use Spotify whilst you are there for as long as you pay for your subscription from your US payment method. 

If you are a Costa Rican (is that how you spell it?) resident, and therefore don't have a US payment method you won't be able to subscribe and use the service since Spotify has not yet launched in Costa Rica. Spotify free accounts do get 14 days of international access before they are deactivated, so if you are only going to be there for 14 days or less, then you should be good to go!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

Thank you for the information.  I'm in Houston awaiting my flight to Costa Rica.  I just activated the 30 day free trial for premium.

My nephew says it's worth it, so I may keep it when I return to the states.  I hope it works in C.R. as I really like your site.

Thanks agan,

Michael

I have a premium account. Will I able to use it on an android tablet using wifi in costa rica?

@AdamNH wrote:

I have a premium account. Will I able to use it on an android tablet using wifi in costa rica?

Yes of course, as long as you keep your premium account active you can use Spotify anywhere in the world!

Peter

Peter

Can I only use Spotify in the countries that are NOT listed as "The Spotify countries" if I'm a Premium user?

@lipercastro wrote:

Can I only use Spotify in the countries that are NOT listed as "The Spotify countries" if I'm a Premium user?

If you have an active premium subscription from any country where Spotify is available, you can use your account anywhere in the world without restriction just like if you where at home. 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Let me double check before i'm paying to premuim.

If i'm having Premuim account in US, and i'm out of US for more then 30 days, i can still login without be in US ?

i going to be some months in India and want to enjoy my spotify all the time..

Suggested posts