Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium/Playlists disappeared // No help yet.

Solved!

Premium/Playlists disappeared // No help yet.

Dear Spotify community,

Over a month ago I experienced a problem which, apparently, quite a lot Spotify-users troubles. The problem is that all my playlists and my Spotify Premium seem to have disappeared (probably due to a second account or something). This happened after reinstalling Spotify.

I tried to resolve this problem by searching this community, but the solutions offered did not apply to my problem (there is no 'social media'-topion in the preference menu). Therefore I tried contacting Spotify personally. I do not know who is responsible for the customer services in The Netherlands, but someone is not doing his/her job properly: on the 6th of June I sent the first contact form and still have not heard anything from Spotify. Thus I submitted another contact form over a week ago, but still no repsonse...("We contact you as soon as possible"....really, Spotify?).

Annoyed by all the commercials in Spotify Free and the inablity to use Spotify on my phone, I tried severals attempts to get my Premium back such as disconnecting and reconnecting with Facebook, reinstalling Spotify, logging in and out, trying the Spotify-login instead of the Facebook-login, but all seems ineffective...

So in my attempt to restore my Spotify Premium, which I am still paying for (in fact, I paid for the whole month June without enjoying any Premium benefits...) , I present my problem to this community; perhaps that someone here can help me out. So any advice, suggestion or tip is welcome. Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, this mix up with accounts in the community actually solved my problem!!

Apparently the community account 'swartremco' I created is linked to the Spotify account which is linked to my Facebook account. After the reinstallation of Spotify, my original Spotify account got deconnected with my Facebook account and I was only able to log in with my Facebook account which created a new Spotify account containing nothing of my other account.

My other account was still there, somewhere, and I just found it due to the two different usernames here. This new username 'swartremco2' is connected with my original account, still containing the Premium and all the playlists. I dont know why I couldn't use 'swartremco', but care. It seems that I'm able logging in on both accounts, so time to sync them!

Do you think I can sync them by connecting the original account to Facebook or will I lose the playlists on the other, new account (or will this create a whole new dimension in the 'two-accounts issue')?

Thank you anyway, Peter! Finally someone who is trying to help. I still believe that customer services at Spotify should be improved though. Think that is one of the major aspects of a software-based organization...

Cheers!

PS. All the case number listed above (in my previous post) can be closed now!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey! 🙂 

When you got in touch using the contact form, you will have gotten an automated email reply with a case number in it. 

Can you post that number here and I will pass it over for someone to chase up for you? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Weird, I couldn't use my just created log-in username; had to make a new log-in username.

Anyways, thank you for the help! I actually have 3 case numbers now since I filled out the contact form thrice. They all refer to the same problem I have. So if my problem is solved, all these cases can be closed.

• 6 June - Case # 00738431
  • 26 June - Case # 00772123
  • 6 July (today) - Case # 00791594

Thank you again, Peter!

Cheers!

Escalated for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Ok, this mix up with accounts in the community actually solved my problem!!

Apparently the community account 'swartremco' I created is linked to the Spotify account which is linked to my Facebook account. After the reinstallation of Spotify, my original Spotify account got deconnected with my Facebook account and I was only able to log in with my Facebook account which created a new Spotify account containing nothing of my other account.

My other account was still there, somewhere, and I just found it due to the two different usernames here. This new username 'swartremco2' is connected with my original account, still containing the Premium and all the playlists. I dont know why I couldn't use 'swartremco', but care. It seems that I'm able logging in on both accounts, so time to sync them!

Do you think I can sync them by connecting the original account to Facebook or will I lose the playlists on the other, new account (or will this create a whole new dimension in the 'two-accounts issue')?

Thank you anyway, Peter! Finally someone who is trying to help. I still believe that customer services at Spotify should be improved though. Think that is one of the major aspects of a software-based organization...

Cheers!

PS. All the case number listed above (in my previous post) can be closed now!

Always good when you can solve it yourself! Excellent! 🙂 

I will let the team know they can be closed! 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts