Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Spotify in Saudi Arabia

Premium Spotify in Saudi Arabia

Good Day All 

I used to be subscribed member to Premium Spotify while I was studying in the US. Now that I have graduated and I have went back to Saudi Arabia my home country, it stopped working for me after swtiching my payment method to my Saudi Credit Card. This made me decided to swtich to Tidal and TIDAL is now working seemlessly for me here in Saudi. 

Deep down I still miss spotify and how it is more user freindly more than Tidal on Mobile and desktop.  

Can I subscribe to Spotify now with my Saudi Arabian Credit Card. I have tried already and it showed me that Spotify now only excepts US Credit Cards which is a huge bummber that I really can not grap my head around. (I understand the licensing dilemma but there is a huge market globally more then the US with people welling to pay full price please guys try harder to get it working for people in the rest of the world.)

Sidenote: I noticed that the front wevpage Motto for Spotify is ( Music for everyone ) ..... I hate to say it but this is obviously music for people living in the US only and other few selected countries.

Still I appreciate the team efforts and sorry to sound this naive ... I just wanna subscribe guys

Thank you all for your consideration.  

Khaled 

8 Replies

@Khaledsoul

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Unfortunately, Spotify hasn't officially launched in Saudi Arabia, so it's not possible for you to change your country in profile, and subscribe.

However, what you could do, since your account is US based, is to ask a friend who lives in the US to buy a giftcard for you. That way, you could pay him and you would be able to become Premium.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am from qatar but originaly from the Philippines. I used to listen on spotify from there ,but when I shift here in Qatar , its not working anymore. it says that its not available in your country. Probably they run it in other countries except in Middle East.

https://www.facebook.com/Spoty.Solution/

Try this out. It works perfectly.

I used to study in Canada as well. And my main music player was Spotify for 3 years. But now im back to Saudi and im not able to pay for my premium subscription. What a shame. However, Apple music ,which is Spotify main competitor, accepts Saudi Arabians' Credit cards. Im soo disappointed by spotify.

It's working with me after i subscribe rib with PayPal

Yes I did that already by creating a Saudi Arabian paypal account to mainly use it for transferring money to the Canadian paypal account. Then Spotify would normally receive their payments as if I live in Canada. And it seems to worke well for me.
Thanks for replying to me.

YEP YEP!

Payment from country where spotify is working will do. You can use spotify
as long as you are registered as a Premium user.

• You can use gift cards or paypal. You dont have to use your Credit

Abdullah

Suggested posts