Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student Discount Question

Premium Student Discount Question

Hi,

I recently sent out a verification in order to get the premium student discount. I recieved an email from SheerID that says:

Congratulations! We have successfully confirmed your status. You may now access the exclusive student pricing at Spotify.

Please click here to be directed back to Spotify to access your offer.

Kindest Regards,

SheerID Verification Team

After clicking on the link, it brought me to a page that looks like this:

SpotifyStudent.jpg 

So I clicked on "click here" again and it took me back to my account page. When I checked "Subscription & Payment" under my account and it still says I'll be renewed for $10. Did I do something wrong or, how do I ensure I won't get charged $10? 

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Same thing happend to me...

@gatorchomp777 @RollTide8910 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda I contacted support and they suggested the following:

1. Trying different browser.

2. Clear cookies/cache.

3. Manual verification.

That's when I decided to try out the manual verification and got that message. I contacted them again and this is their response:

Hey there!

Thanks for getting in touch with Spotify.

We're sorry that you have been having trouble registering your Spotify Student Discount.

We are aware of a fix for this, which entails you creating a new account with a new username. Not to worry, we can transfer over the content to the new account once it's been made.

If you want to use the same email address to create a new Spotify account, just let us know so we can make it free to use again.

If this is not a viable option for you then you'll be pleased to know we're working on a fix for the issue which should be released soon.

Please get back to us with how you would like to proceed.

Quite confused with that email, why do I need to make a new account/username just to sign up for Student Premium? This shouldn't be rocket science. I told them I don't wish to set up a new account and they responded:

We're always looking to improve Spotify in any way we can. We can’t say now if or when any specific Student discount release will be out, but as soon as we've got something to announce, we'll let everyone know on the Spotify blog.

So what does this mean exactly...that they may or may not be working on the fix or they may/may not be releasing any Student discounts?!

Frustrated. Truly frustrated. Guess I'll just cancel my membership until they can figure things out.

@RollTide8910 

There is currently an issue with the student discount. It should be fixed soon, however there is no ETA right now.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, @MattSuda  

I figured as much. Thank you for your help. Have a good one.

Suggested posts