Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium acc reduced to free and i don't Know why

Solved!

Premium acc reduced to free and i don't Know why

I have premium acc and i Pay for it...but since 5 hours i am just free user....why????

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

YES, I am back to Premium !!

The Support Center has sent me an email, my account was removed from the family plan. We had to send a new invite from the main account to my email address, I accepted the invite, opened Spotify and I was back to Premium and my playlists are still there.

I am happy with the soltuion.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Same here... please fix!

I have a similar problem. I have a family plan. The first account is still premium but the second account is reduced to free.

I have the same issue, a family plan, main account is fine, but 2nd one has changed to free, instead of Premium. I logged a call yesterday, no reply so far, although the general message on the Spotify Support page says that the problems have been resolved. Unfortunately NOT for me....

@brixbrix wrote:

I have a similar problem. I have a family plan. The first account is still premium but the second account is reduced to free.

I too have this issue - I immediately contacted my bank to make sure there was no error on my end. I have sufficient funds in my account, they have not blocked any payments leaving, and my direct debit does not go out until the 2/3rd April. This is a family account me and my wife have, and we are both unable to use the premium service we pay for. I have tried all the suggestions of reinstalling the app, logging out and back in with my user name, and nothing works. This is not an issue on my end, it is an issue on Spotify's side of things

Same issue.  I've been a premium member for awhile but my account has been reverted to free.  I have funds in my bank account.  When I click on the subscribe button nothing happens.  Very frustrating.

The same happend to me. A premium member for years and with funds on my bank. Nothing happens when trying to subscribe again! I Spotify need to fix this ASAP.

Good day, I have been around for 3 days the problem that all members were downgraded to Free Premium with my family account. Also, I find the administration of the members no longer! I beg your review and short-term elimination of the problem

Just to rule out whether this issue was related to my bank I purchased a gift card and tried to apply it to my account.  I had no trouble purchasing the gift card, but got an error message when I tried to apply it to my account.  Does Spotify have a customer support number?

** EDIT **

A few minutes ago my account "upgraded" to premium despite the error message when I put in the gift card.  I'd stll like Spotify to figure out the root cause of the problem but it worked as a temporary fix.

My family plan premiem account has the same issue. Is there a way to contact Spotify directly?

I have the same problem. I am a subscriber to "spotify family" (3 counts) and now all are free. What is the solution?

There's a large thread on this... It seems as though if you subscribed on the 29, 30 or 31 of the month (I'm on 29th) you got dropped this month because Feb is only 28 days... Glitch in the billing system... Mine came back on this morning, not sure how they're addressing the issue, but id presume it would resolve by the 1st.

Hi, have the same problem, My family account was erased with no members. Have logged in using a PC to add members again. 2 of 4 is now working. Sounds like system problems to me.

@Sebbbi wrote:
I have premium acc and i Pay for it...but since 5 hours i am just free user....why????

Marked as solution

YES, I am back to Premium !!

The Support Center has sent me an email, my account was removed from the family plan. We had to send a new invite from the main account to my email address, I accepted the invite, opened Spotify and I was back to Premium and my playlists are still there.

I am happy with the soltuion.

According to https://support.spotify.com

Spotify is aware of a service issue and they are working on a fix

Premium dropped to free? Post Here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts