Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account Offline mode abroad

Solved!

Premium account Offline mode abroad

My Swedish Premium account with offline mode only worked for one month in France. How come?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It has to log in on the machine that you have your downloaded playlists on as this is the one that has to 'know' that your license (subscription) is still valid in order to let you carry on listening
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

8 Replies

You need to connect to Spotify's servers at least every 30 days so that the software can ensure you are still a Premium subscriber and so allow you to continue playing your music. Aside from that there should be no time restriction on you being abroad
----------------

Alright, but i don't have any internet connection on the computer abroad, however my boyfriend tried logging into the account in Sweden on another computer and it worked fine with both Online and Offline, but does not where I am. Does it have to re-log in on the same computer?

Marked as solution

It has to log in on the machine that you have your downloaded playlists on as this is the one that has to 'know' that your license (subscription) is still valid in order to let you carry on listening
----------------

Hello,

My Sweden account stopped working few weeks ago, saying that I cannot connect when I am aborad for more than 14-days and I have to get Premium account to do so, bu in fact I already have Premium and last renewal payment was 26th Feb 2013.

I tried everything (clean uninstall-reinstall) on my both Windows PC and Androind phone but still says that I am abroad and treats my account as Free Account.

Could you help please? Thanks in advance.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you sure you are logging into the correct account? What is your subscription status on your online overview?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your swift reply Peter.

Here it is:

Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access

i have an premium account and paid for this month but my account is deactivated, i dont know why?

i am in Greece for summer, and it worked the last days.

Subscription status

Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premiumwhich gives you unlimited travel access.

it sais:  Spotify Premiumwhich gives you unlimited travel access. but i have no access

issue fixed, (card update on paypal)

Suggested posts