Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account lost

Premium account lost

Hello,

A few weeks ago, I upgraded my free Spotify account to the premium account. I enjoyed the service, but this morning I was automatically logged out of Spotify. I thought it was just a glitch, so I tried to log back in and my username/password didn't work anymore. When I tried to reset my password, I got a message that said "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." even though I have the receipt from my Spotify Premium membership payment three weeks ago confriming that the email I used was, at that time, tied to my active account.

I tried to make a new account using the same username as my old account, and the website says "That username is already in use". So I made up a silly username and used the same email as my old account, and the new account was created. Now my email is tied to this new account, instead of the old account which I had been using for the past few weeks. It's like the old account was lost, and I don't know how to cancel or change my premium subscription since I cannot log in to that account anymore.

I emailed customer service about the issue a few hours ago, but they have not replied yet. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

3 Replies

I don't have any answers as I was logged out of my account this morning as well, and I can't log back in. I can't even reset my password.

@user-removed

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@user-removed

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts